Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my little companion, Sophie. She's 12 but thinks she's five. Absolutely the best puppy anyone could ask for, my best friend.

Attachments

• sophiebed.jpg
    sophiebed.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 155
Aw, she's so pretty, FF.

DH recently took this pic of his morning welcoming committee.

The one rolled over, with that belly displayed, should no longer be allowed to carry a "Cat Card"! Just like our orange male will never get his back!:ROFLMAO:

The one rolled over, with that belly displayed, should no longer be allowed to carry a "Cat Card"! Just like our orange male will never get his back!:ROFLMAO:

She's the hunter, though! :LOL: She just wants a belly rub!

That's Arwen, btw. The dog is Stryder and the other cat is Bella, short for Belladonna. I don't know why DH decided to spell Stryder with a Y ;)

Our cat "Jasper" never came home. Its been about three weeks now. We held hope she would return, but I am having to realize its not going to happen.
We had another cat "Tiny" leave for a few days once, but she returned and I guess we were hoping for the same. There are predators in the area and I'm pretty sure thats what happened.
My wife is hurting more than I expected.

My biggest concern now is our dog. He's 15 years or better old and is behaving like hes that old. Wants to sleep all day and we must work to get him to come out from his little bed. His vision is getting worse and cataract is visible in one eye. Hes due for physical and shots.
I am so concerned about how my wife will take the loss of yet another pet. Her closest friend next to me. Hes been at her side all these years and he loves my wife more than anything and she knows this fully well.

Now, I understand some of you are going to suggest getting a new pet. That is not happening. We have waited our whole lives for children to grow up and leave to find that pets also keep us from doing what we want to do. Travel.

I don't know why I posted this?

Adorable pets, FF and GG!

Sorry to hear about your furry family, RB. I sure hope Jasper returns, and that your elderly pup perks up.

Our cat "Jasper" never came home. Its been about three weeks now. We held hope she would return, but I am having to realize its not going to happen.
We had another cat "Tiny" leave for a few days once, but she returned and I guess we were hoping for the same. There are predators in the area and I'm pretty sure thats what happened.
My wife is hurting more than I expected.

My biggest concern now is our dog. He's 15 years or better old and is behaving like hes that old. Wants to sleep all day and we must work to get him to come out from his little bed. His vision is getting worse and cataract is visible in one eye. Hes due for physical and shots.
I am so concerned about how my wife will take the loss of yet another pet. Her closest friend next to me. Hes been at her side all these years and he loves my wife more than anything and she knows this fully well.

Now, I understand some of you are going to suggest getting a new pet. That is not happening. We have waited our whole lives for children to grow up and leave to find that pets also keep us from doing what we want to do. Travel.

I don't know why I posted this?

You posted it because you are hurting. And we do understand. It is so painful to lose a pet. Not matter the reason. Unless you or your wife have medical problems that would prevent you from traveling, I say go for your dream. When you have saturated your life with all the travel you wanted to do, then you can consider another pet. :angel:

Hopefully today our household will be back to normal!

On Wednesday my friend Kay and I took both fur-babies to the vet.

Violet was getting her senior blood panel done for general health and to check how her pain meds are doing. Normally it is suggested every year but because of the heavy medications she is on she gets it done every 6 months. A little hard on the budget, but I want to make sure my mutt is okay. I get blood tests for the same reason, so why would I treat her any different. She also had her "owie" checked from where they removed the skin tag at the end of July. It wasn't healing, but finally is good. She was really spooked this time. Normally she loves her vet, a very kind and gentle man; however, she even growled at him this time. Kay finally figured it out - she remembers being sedated and having to wear a cone last time she was there. When they took her to the back to do it, she was not a happy camper.

Monkey was in for a dental procedure. I would normally not do this as a routine procedure and specially not on a two year old cat. However, we won a cat package last Halloween and a free dental was part of it. They wanted to get it off the books and they did need a bit of cleaning.

When Violet came home without Monkey she was really out of sorts. She followed me around, whining, and was constantly looking for her. When I picked Monkey up she was still slightly drugged and again not a happy camper. She had hissed at them and scratched the vet as he tried to give her a needle. Even still groggy I had to be the one to take her out of the kennel and put her in her carrier.

When I went to pick Kay up they both bolted out the front door and I can not get them back on my own. Violet would not come back for me even when I did catch her, so I had to let go and tell her to go "home". She did finally listen (we trained her to obey and it may take some time but she knows she has to listen). But Monkey, still swaying side to side, was eluding me.

The little girl from next door said she would try to get her back with treats and when we arrived back, my brat cat was on the porch snacking happily on the turned over container of treats (Emma put them inside the screen door but Monkey got them out).

Yesterday was a gong show with trying to get a pee sample from Violet and trying to keep Monkey in until the wound on her leg from the IV healed (it is good to go today). They were also both vying for everyone's attention and wanting to out-do the other one! :wacko::LOL:

But the main thing is that they are both okay (blood work and urine came back fine). I love my fur-kids!:wub:

Sorry to hear about your furry family, RB. I sure hope Jasper returns, and that your elderly pup perks up.

Thanks. But I'm certain Jasper is long gone. If she was alive, she would have returned. She never missed a meal.
Harley is just getting up there in age and we all must prepare. I'm trying to get my wife prepared.

You posted it because you are hurting. And we do understand. It is so painful to lose a pet. Not matter the reason. Unless you or your wife have medical problems that would prevent you from traveling, I say go for your dream. When you have saturated your life with all the travel you wanted to do, then you can consider another pet. :angel:

You're right Addie. Thanks for the kind words and good suggestion!

I've been crying my eyes out! Sophie has anemia and liver problems. Not much the vet can do. She's 12 and has been attached to me from day one. Smart, sensitive, loving, caring, I'm SO sad. I know I have given her a very loving, and yes, pampered life, the best I could. I hate this, I hate this so much!!! Please pray for her. I can't stop crying.

Oh no! Hoping sweet Sophie can get though this. I hate when this happens.

{{{hugs}}} FF and Sophie!

I saw something very disturbing on the drive home from work today. A collie had been hit by a car and the body was lying in pieces along the side of the road. I still can't get the image out of my mind. It was obviously someone's beloved pet, too, judging by the collar. I truly hope the poor dog didn't suffer, and I feel bad for the owners.

When I got home today I immediately went and hugged my two dogs. :(

I saw something very disturbing on the drive home from work today. A collie had been hit by a car and the body was lying in pieces along the side of the road. I still can't get the image out of my mind. It was obviously someone's beloved pet, too, judging by the collar. I truly hope the poor dog didn't suffer, and I feel bad for the owners.

When I got home today I immediately went and hugged my two dogs. :(

I can't get it out of my head and I wasn't even there. How terrible, I too hope it was quick for the dog.

New Kitty

There are new kittens at the house of one of my CNA's. Two little pure black males and a Gray Tabby girl. I have decided on one of the boys. In about three weeks I will be able to bring him home. Shrek still does not know.

A picture of the two...two many choices...his name will be Rufus...unless I have to change it.

Attachments

• Two Many Choices.jpg
    Two Many Choices.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 142
Vet said Harley looked great for 16 years old.
All tests negative and the eye seems to be an infection and not cataract.
So he's on a antibiotic and a same eye drops. $308!!!!!!!!

Need to go back in two weeks. I hope she does not charge for the follow up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom