Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, I thought I already posted here.

Anyway, PF, Rufus is adorable. Black cats are awesome! Monkey has sure changed our household in the 2+ Years she has been here. I wouldn't trade her for the world, even though there are times.... :LOL:

How do the other two like him?

Smudge is very slowly getting used to him, but at first she would throw a huge hissy fit whenever she saw him. Latté just thinks he's a pain, she ignores him most of the time unless he really gets in her face, then it's just gentle warning hisses. Neither cat has swatted him, yet.

I've always loved black cats, they are so mysterious, growing up we always had a black cat.

Right now the baby monster is sleeping on a box next to my desk, plum tuckered himself out playing.

Attachments

• cats 001.JPG
    cats 001.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 137
  • cats 002.JPG
    cats 002.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 128
  • cats 003.JPG
    cats 003.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 139
  • cats 004.JPG
    cats 004.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 136
I am using of Joyce's computer, and she has very many photos of her cats.

This is of my favorite! Her Pookie is very sweet!

She said it was used here before, but no one might mind to see it again, yes? It is the cat teriyaki.

Poor Monkey.

Kay came over today but didn't plan to stay the night. She had to get some stuff from our place (and wanted to catch up on some of our TV shows). TB drove her home about midnight and I was headed to bed.

I couldn't find Monkey in our room and didn't see her anywhere else. All of a sudden it dawned on me where she might be. Sure enough, she was curled in a ball on Kay's bed. I think she figured Kay just went out for a cigarette and was coming straight to bed as she normally does when she stays over.

It is now 2:30 am and Monkey is still there. Kay will be touched when I tell her in the morning! She is coming back tonight so Monkey will get to cuddle with her then.

Lordy, I'm such a sap. Tillman, the surfing and skateboarding bulldog passed away last night. RIP.

So sad...! He was one lovable and talented dog.
Rest in peace, Tillman.
From his Facebook page: :(

Attachments

• Tillman.jpg
    Tillman.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 156
A new study suggests that, if your cat were say, the size of big cats in the wild, that they would eventually maybe eat you, being the crazy funny cats they are now, only a lot bigger.

A new study suggests that, lol. "A new study..." :LOL:

Rusty can't stand to be away from Mommy. He comes into the bathroom with me. Yesterday I started down the hall, he jumped up, came tearing down the hall, turned into the bathroom, slipped on the throw rug an flipped himself over onto his side. I thought he broke a hip!! He was fine. I wish I had that on video!!

Rusty can't stand to be away from Mommy. He comes into the bathroom with me. Yesterday I started down the hall, he jumped up, came tearing down the hall, turned into the bathroom, slipped on the throw rug an flipped himself over onto his side. I thought he broke a hip!! He was fine. I wish I had that on video!!

Sounds like he is adjusting to his new Forever Home just fine. Considering the way he was when you first got him and how well he had adjusted, he is dong just fine.

Spike got Teddy just when he was ready to leave his mother. He was the last of the litter. So Spike is the very center of his world. And if I am lucky I am second. I will settle for that. :angel:

Your 4-legged friends?

Here's Chloe -- our beloved rat terrier that we rescued 2 years ago. She's 3 now. She came to us fully housebroken and is just an awesome and wonderful dog. She's a great watch dog, super intelligent, and is affectionate and loves to be right by us. We got her from a dog rescue over in Akron.

The 2nd pic is of her next to her big brother -- a collie.

Attachments

• dog7.jpg
    dog7.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 140
  • dog5.jpg
    dog5.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 130
Chloe's face in that first picture would melt anyone's heart. Her brother is a beauty, too, even though he's shying from the spotlight.

We're "owned" by three fur children. One dog, a boxer-husky mix, we got from our local shelter. Her family had given her up as a puppy and her name was Harley, which was "meant to be" since we ride a big Harley motorcycle.

Our other family members include an 8-year-old small calico cat, Sally, who is sweet as honey. She's so tiny everyone thinks she's a kitten. She's a real doll. Bella, another cat, rounds out our family.

Just before the weather began to be quite cold in the fall of '12, she showed up on our front porch. She couldn't have been more than a couple of months old. We live in the country and it's not unusual for people to "drop" unwanted animals along the roadside or in ditches. We think that's where Bella came from.

She's a grey tabby with topaz-colored eyes and the slightest lynx-points at the top of her ears. She, like Sally, is a real lover and has captivated both of us and we wouldn't trade her for the world.

Harley doesn't sit still long enough to be photographed, so can't share any image of her.

The first photo is our little Sally, reclining on my cutting table in my studio. The second one is of Bella. I was holding her when the photo was taken.

Attachments

• Sally.jpg
    Sally.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Bella - close-up.jpg
    Bella - close-up.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 126
Poor Teddy. With the new floor in, VCT tile, he is so confused. He has no rug to use for gripping so he can jump up on my bed and get his scratchies. Not only that but all the furniture has been put back with every piece in a different place. He started to jump up on my bed yesterday and skidded. Every time I think of it, I get the giggles all over again.

But I have found a solution for him. I have two small scatter rugs and I keep one under my bed for him. There is no backing to prevent it from sliding, so I have it sticking out just a bit and can pull it out for him with my foot. Tonight I guess I didn't pull it out far enough for him, so he took his paw and finished the job. He got it out to where he wanted it so he could come and get his scratchies. He also used to get up on my pillow and put his head on top of the bed board and tilt his head so I can scratch his throat and neck. Can't do that anymore. Not unless I put my extra pillow down there for him. Poor baby. He is so confused.

He went looking for the chair that Pirate sits in last night. The chair was empty. He walked around it a couple of times. He finally gave up and went to sleep in his bed. I am sure in time he will adjust. But right now his whole world in my home is just too confusing for him. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom