Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2015 - Meet Angel (Named by the owner who abandoned her) and Sweet Pea (named by my daughter). Angel is Sweet Pea's mother. Both Female.

Angel was someone's kitty but she kept getting outside and the owner didn't want to get her fixed. When Angel got pregnant, the owner wouldn't let her in the house any more. So we fed her and took care of her. She is so sweet. She had one kitten outside (in my Iris patch) born on 7/27/15 and we took them both in when the kitten was a day old.
Here are some pictures. BTW I can't seem to get them rotated right side up sorry.

img_1496925_0_b20bc2c8cfe3d73a3bd516ff4195372f.jpg

img_1496925_1_41d75d3dc427575a4d834dcf3d907e34.jpg

img_1496925_2_e3ea0804ecab49af5565efdd3c53bb09.jpg

img_1496925_3_f42006686f5b59ed1ca0c0a0bb2afd7f.jpg

img_1496925_4_374b785d6ccb9270c5c6d4379580deb3.jpg

Angel Mama

Sweet Pea

Last edited:
The little perfect travel companion has an "interview" at 6:00 p.m. to be a reading dog at the local library and grade school. Paws crossed! He would be a perfect dog for this program! Wish us well!

The little perfect travel companion has an "interview" at 6:00 p.m. to be a reading dog at the local library and grade school. Paws crossed! He would be a perfect dog for this program! Wish us well!

Prayers are on the way. Sounds like a lot of fun. ;) ;) He must be some special puppy if he can read already. What grade is he in? You must be a very special teacher. I am telling Eggatha and the girls you have a new pet!

2015 - Meet Angel (Named by the owner who abandoned her) and Sweet Pea (named by my daughter). Angel is Sweet Pea's mother. Both Female.

Angel was someone's kitty but she kept getting outside and the owner didn't want to get her fixed. When Angel got pregnant, the owner wouldn't let her in the house any more. So we fed her and took care of her. She is so sweet. She had one kitten outside (in my Iris patch) born on 7/27/15 and we took them both in when the kitten was a day old.
Ms. M, both Angel and Sweet Pea are beautiful kitties. Thanks so much for sharing their story with us. That was so great of you and your family to take them in. I love the name "Sweet Pea", and both names suit their owners! They look very content.

Thank you ladies.

My DD chose the name Sweet Pea before she was born. It's a unisex name. Remember Popeye and Olive Oil's baby. I'm pretty sure it was a boy.

Thank you for sharing the stories behind the adoptions, MsM. They are so lucky you stepped in to rescue them. :wub:

Thank you Cheryl.

I think they stepped in and adopted us. :angel:

Isn't that usually the way? I had no intentions of getting a cat (we had Violet and lost our other dog just a few months before). But when I walked into the vet's office for Violet's appt, this little flash of black climbed up the sides of the cage beside me and I was hooked!

My wife and I are not cat people, I am slightly allergic, and she is much more so - we can't live in a house with cats. That said, we came very close to it the last year we lived in the Bahamas. My wife was down at the dock where a friend launched her boat, and found these two kittens which had apparently been dumped there by someone. One was about 3 months old, and the other one was barely weaned (this according to the vet we took them too immediately).

Being the tender soul she is, Kendra couldn't leave them there, so she managed to get them in the car in a box and brought them home. The young female became Lil One, and the older male was O-O (creatively for Little One and Other One) We set up a cat box, and the little one was tough how to use it by the O-O.

We were leaving on vacation to the US in 4 weeks so there was simply no way logistically that we could keep them, and we were unable to find a home for them. I ended up flying them to Nassau to the no kill shelter there (round trip plus cab was $450 and we gave another $250 donation to the shelter). I felt really bad, but just didn't have a choice. If there had been a little more time, I could have brought them back here and easily found good home for them with my sister and/or my brother, who both have cats. I just prayed that they would find good families, as they were wonderfully loving kittens.

Anyway, here they are:

i-5RKpPSK-XL.jpg

This is Lil One - she was fascinated by my wife's fuzzy flip-flops:
i-ZmXCN2p-XL.jpg

And O-O had a beautiful face:
i-bnv7BVh-XL.jpg

You did your best, Rick. That's what counts. Beautiful babies. Thank you!

Find any around you now just PM me...

I still need 4 more for my crazy cat lady collection...

Very sweet, Rick. :wub:

Ugh....my almost 17 year old kitty, Mr. Blackee Boo, has been a wild and crazy fun loving kitty, but he's been having issues the past couple of days. He has a growth on his back at the base of his tail...I think he's going to have to make a trip to the vet tomorrow. :(

Very sweet, Rick. :wub:

Ugh....my almost 17 year old kitty, Mr. Blackee Boo, has been a wild and crazy fun loving kitty, but he's been having issues the past couple of days. He has a growth on his back at the base of his tail...I think he's going to have to make a trip to the vet tomorrow. :(
Sending positive thoughts that it's something unimportant and easy to deal with (and cheap to deal with).

Back
Top Bottom