Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, I hope everything goes well for you and Mr. Blackie-Boo. Sending good vibes your way.

RP, those kitties are so cute! Wish we had lived close enough to you - would have taken one (or both) off your paws.

PF, it is quite possible to be a Crazy Cat lady and still own only one or two (or three...) cats. That is if you start out a bit off-the-bubble, like me. :stuart:

Can't see it. I get to a site that wants me to sign up for Outlook. I think you will need to download the attachment and then upload it here.
Same thing for me...

Can't see it. I get to a site that wants me to sign up for Outlook. I think you will need to download the attachment and then upload it here.
Oh dear. A friend sent it to my Outlook account from her phone. I'll see what I can do.

It's being unco-operative I'll have to give it some thought

Last edited:
If I click on it I get the picture. Sorry, no amount of fiddling about can make it any better.

Tetley the Wonder Horse lying down in the straw eating his breakfast out of the feed bowl under his nose. .....Well we thought it was funny and typically Tetley.

If I click on it I get the picture. Sorry, no amount of fiddling about can make it any better.

Tetley the Wonder Horse lying down in the straw eating his breakfast out of the feed bowl under his nose. .....Well we thought it was funny and typically Tetley.

Tetley is so gorgeous, too bad the picture won't show.

Isn't there an option to download the picture from the email to your computer? I haven't used Outlook; I assume you are using Outlook for email because of the page I got. When you click and get the picture, does it open in a new window? Is that in some other software?

Isn't there an option to download the picture from the email to your computer? I haven't used Outlook; I assume you are using Outlook for email because of the page I got. When you click and get the picture, does it open in a new window? Is that in some other software?
Yes. If you right-click on the picture, there should be an option to save it to your computer. Then you can upload it to DC.

Cheryl, I hope boo is OK.

Aww, mofet, I just looked back and saw your Angel and Sweat Pea. What appropriate names for such pretty little cats.

Btw, my canoe is named the Swee' Pea (after Popeye).
My boat is named the Little Girl, after our oldest cat that passed away last Spring. I found her as a teeny stray kitten that someone abandoned in an alley behind a bar around the corner from our old house. She was with us for over 19 years.

Last edited:
Cheryl, I hope boo is OK.

Aww, mofet, I just looked back and saw your Angel and Sweat Pea. What appropriate names for such pretty little cats.

Btw, my canoe is named the Swee' Pea (after Popeye).
My boat is named the Little Girl, after our oldest cat that passed away last Spring. I found her as a teeny stray kitten that someone abandoned in an alley behind a bar around the corner from our old house. She was with us for over 19 years.
Thank you BT. If you go back a page my other two babies are there (George and Sugar).

Thanks so much all, for the well wishes for my Blackee Boo Kitty! Funny how we come up with such cutesy names for them. :LOL:

He had his appointment with the vet late this afternoon, finally. Being out in the boonies, we only have 2 vet facilities here and they were both booked. Kitty had an abscess on his back - presumably from another cat bite - they shaved the infection area, cleared out the abscess, gave him an antibiotic injection, hydrated him with an H20 injection (he didn't drink any water at all yesterday or today), gave me a couple of pain meds for him, and sent us on our way. He's doing much better this evening. :wub:

When he's outside, he mainly just lays on the patio in the sun. He's going to have to be an indoor kitty from now on - a neighborhood bully cat must have jumped the fence and bit him when I wasn't around to shoo him away. :(

My first two geese were Amelia and Erhardt. When Amelia died I had Abigail but had to change her name in the spring when I discovered she was really an Albert.

My next couple are George & Gracie but before Gracie arrived he was known as Lonesome George.

Had to explain Lonesome George Gobel to my kids, they'd also never heard of Roy Rogers, Trigger, Dale Evans, Buttermilk or Bullet. :ohmy:

But my son had named his dog Grimlock - he had to explain that to me :rolleyes:

My first two geese were Amelia and Erhardt. When Amelia died I had Abigail but had to change her name in the spring when I discovered she was really an Albert.

My next couple are George & Gracie but before Gracie arrived he was known as Lonesome George.

Had to explain Lonesome George Gobel to my kids, they'd also never heard of Roy Rogers, Trigger, Dale Evans, Buttermilk or Bullet. :ohmy:

But my son had named his dog Grimlock - he had to explain that to me :rolleyes:

Are these geese just pets, or will they end up eventually on the dinner table?

Tom was does SNAP stand for? I am lost. But that is no great news event. I am always lost.

Are these geese just pets, or will they end up eventually on the dinner table?

Tom was does SNAP stand for? I am lost. But that is no great news event. I am always lost.

George and Gracie are as pets but some of their offspring will go to table or other farmers. That is, if I do better at managing the season than I did last year.

I've heard of SNAP but can't remember the definition... and I'm SURE Bucky is sitting there chuckling, waiting for someone to ask...

Well, you've suckered us Bucky, go on... explain.

Sorry, I typed out more but it got lost.

Cheryl, Blackie boo is a great name for a beautiful black cat. 17 years old and he still runs around?

Addie, a SNAP test is a basic blood test that checks for FLV (AIDS), FeLV (luekemia), and heart worms.

It's especially important if a cat was bitten by another cat.

Very sweet, Rick. :wub:

Ugh....my almost 17 year old kitty, Mr. Blackee Boo, has been a wild and crazy fun loving kitty, but he's been having issues the past couple of days. He has a growth on his back at the base of his tail...I think he's going to have to make a trip to the vet tomorrow. :(
I hope all goes well at the vet, Cheryl. It's so hard to watch our pets get older. Hugs.

Thanks so much, all...yes, GG...it's hard to see our furbabies grow older, and I don't know how I'll handle it when Blackee Boo goes. Gosh, almost 17 years of cuddling in my lap in the evenings is a LONG time. :)

Bucky... :LOL: Thank you....as far as his name, my (then) young teen daughter started calling him Blackee Boo from the time we brought him home at 6 weeks, and the name just stuck. Yes, he's still really active - he still chases and attacks leaves the back yard, then kills them. :ohmy::LOL: Or at least he did until now....he's going to have to be an indoor kitty now and he's sort of OK with it, but I can tell he wants to go out.

And I forgot to mention in my post earlier...yes, since he was bitten by another cat, the vet did the blood work on him and everything came out OK. :wub:

Dragn....I loved hearing about your geese. Feathered lives matter, too! :)

MadCook...I would love to see the recent pic of Tetley if you can upload one or two when you have time - I'm a huge fan of horses, pretty much grew up with them.

Last edited:
Cheryl, can you take Blackee Boo out in the yard, supervised once in a while? I did that with Shreddy, because I'm a worry wart.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom