Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, let's have a Most Spoiled Rotten Pet contest.

Psycho poodle hates cold. Tonight, it is cold -- upper 30s. He sat by the fireplace giving me the sad eyes until I lit a fire just for him. This is probably the last night it will really be cold enough to justify a fire. I am upstairs, far away from the fire. Yeah, I made a fire for my dog. Spoiled rotten.

CD

Attachments

• TeddyFire001.jpg
    TeddyFire001.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 86
Isn't that a gas fireplace, casey?

Yes. I live in Dallas, so my home has a crappy fireplace and chimney. Burning real wood in it would fill my house with smoke.

They are really high end gas logs, with the highest level of ceramic vs cement content that you can get. They really absorb heat well, and radiate the heat into the room. It is truly a case of making the best from a bad situation.

Psycho-poodle has no issues with the gas logs. On the five nights each year that I have a fire in the fireplace, I'm okay with it, too.

When I really want to experience a real wood fire, I go camping, or use the fire pit in my backyard. Psycho poodle doesn't like the whole campfire thing, and hates sleeping in a tent.

CD

Last edited:
Heh, I was rearranging books and emptied a shelf. Django, the brat, little boy cat, curled up on the shelf, I gave him a cushion and cover and found someplace else for the books.

OMG... when Django runs at me it looks like a panther running me down, this guy is huge. He's almost 2 years old now, 16 inches high at the shoulder. Dang, I still need batteries for my camera.

Heh, I was rearranging books and emptied a shelf. Django, the brat, little boy cat, curled up on the shelf, I gave him a cushion and cover and found someplace else for the books.

OMG... when Django runs at me it looks like a panther running me down, this guy is huge. He's almost 2 years old now, 16 inches high at the shoulder. Dang, I still need batteries for my camera.
Didn't you just recently get a phone with a camera?

Georgie is 4 years old and weighs 15 lbs. and looks like a giant fur ball. I will try to get a good pic of my fur boy.

Aw. Who's a good boy?

Sweet pup, CD. He doesn't look psycho.

Last edited:
I look a bit psycho myself. Well, probably more hippie.

Beagle can be psycho. For a 22 lb dog she's managed to break both of my ankles. Strong little thing. She despises one of the big male dogs next door. He's terrified of her. She's a bit of a bully.

Last edited:
I look a bit psycho myself. Well, probably more hippie.

Being a self-employed artist kind of person, when I'm not meeting with customers, I look like "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski. I don't have a bathrobe, but I have the rest of the ensemble down.

It drives my mom nuts -- major bonus!!! Hey mom, it's called "payback."

On that note, my mom loves Teddy, AKA psycho-poodle, more than me. A few years ago, Teddy and I were traveling, and our car was just barely missed by a tornado -- we are talking a few hundred feet. I called my parents loaded for bear with an adrenaline rush. "You are not going to believe what just happened!!!" Mom's first question, "Is Teddy alright?"

CD

Daily, my Mom asks if Smudge is still hanging in, she's not doing bad for an almost 19 year old kitty. Latté is doing very well for an 18 year old kitty. Django, at almost 2, is close to death everyday, just matters how much trouble he's in and if Shrek can catch him, he behaves for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom