"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #791
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Our younger cat, Arwen, is grounded. She spent the night outside last night. A thunderstorm woke me up around 1:30 a.m., so I went to the doors to call her - no answer. DH woke up around 3:30 and did the same. Bedraggled cat showed up banging on the back door. Mommy was worried, so she's not going out today. Maybe not tomorrow, either. Daddy says not till October
Wait until your first snowfall. Then place her on top of a snow pile. Stand by for the rescue.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #792
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Our younger cat, Arwen, is grounded. She spent the night outside last night. A thunderstorm woke me up around 1:30 a.m., so I went to the doors to call her - no answer. DH woke up around 3:30 and did the same. Bedraggled cat showed up banging on the back door. Mommy was worried, so she's not going out today. Maybe not tomorrow, either. Daddy says not till October
Pretty cat.
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #793
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Our younger cat, Arwen, is grounded. She spent the night outside last night. A thunderstorm woke me up around 1:30 a.m., so I went to the doors to call her - no answer. DH woke up around 3:30 and did the same. Bedraggled cat showed up banging on the back door. Mommy was worried, so she's not going out today. Maybe not tomorrow, either. Daddy says not till October
Arwen is a beauty. Don't blame ya for grounding her - I had to do the same thing with mine. LOL, he's gotten used to it now.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #794
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Our younger cat, Arwen, is grounded...
Pretty Kitty! Get ready to play goalie to your cat's exit attempts. I know whenever either of our kitties tried to run out of the house to explore we had to be quick on our feet, shuffling just right to keep them from darting out the door. They were each supposed to be inside-only kitties, but every one in a while the call of the wild tempted - we prevailed. Midnight did manage to get out one time (total fail on the part of the evil-step-mom-in-law) for a night or two, but eventually came home. With a gift. Which she hid in the garage. Four days later we found her gift. Littlebit got out once, got to the bottom of the porch steps, then frantically looked for a way back into the house! She never wanted to go out again - a purrfect 'fraidy cat.
__________________
"Cooking is the art of adjustment". ~~~Jacques Pépin
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:44 AM   #795
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,674
I couldn't entice either one of ours for a trip outside during the rainstorm we had. They wouldn't even come into the kitchen with the door wide open.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #796
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 18,043
Yes, CG, I know that dance well She did get out once yesterday and, after rolling around on the patio, she ran to hide in the herb garden, but I enticed her out and DH took her by the scruff of the neck (or I'd have another hole in my shirt, I'm sure) and put her back inside.

Right now, she's jealous of the other cat, Bella, who is resting on the front porch.
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #797
Executive Chef
 
medtran49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,541
I have to get up for work on Sunday really early (work from home). Once the pugs woke up, I let them out, then let them back in when they were done and went back to work. Craig got up and came downstairs, walked into the kitchen/family room and said "Why is Mork outside?" I still don't know how he managed to get out but guess he didn't like it much since he was waiting at the door to be let back in. Really going to have to watch out now.
__________________
medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #798
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Pretty Kitty! Get ready to play goalie to your cat's exit attempts. I know whenever either of our kitties tried to run out of the house to explore we had to be quick on our feet, shuffling just right to keep them from darting out the door. They were each supposed to be inside-only kitties, but every one in a while the call of the wild tempted - we prevailed. Midnight did manage to get out one time (total fail on the part of the evil-step-mom-in-law) for a night or two, but eventually came home. With a gift. Which she hid in the garage. Four days later we found her gift. Littlebit got out once, got to the bottom of the porch steps, then frantically looked for a way back into the house! She never wanted to go out again - a purrfect 'fraidy cat.
Tasha was my granddaughter's cat. She was about six months old and had never been outside. It was the middle of winter and Val opened the door to the back yard. Tasha ran to the open door. It was windy and very cold outside. One good blast of the cold wind, and she let out a yelp like a banshee. She would never go to that side of the kitchen again.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #799
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Yes, CG, I know that dance well She did get out once yesterday and, after rolling around on the patio, she ran to hide in the herb garden, but I enticed her out and DH took her by the scruff of the neck (or I'd have another hole in my shirt, I'm sure) and put her back inside...
When Midnight (cat #1) would get out, we could entice her back with lunchmeat. We'd each grab a bag from the refrigerator, then head outdoors and start rattling the bags, whistling and calling her name until she came up to one of us. Then that person could grab her. I think she figured it out that if she ran out she would eventually get a special "treat".
__________________
"Cooking is the art of adjustment". ~~~Jacques Pépin
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #800
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
tig & bab

my meowers. if stuff can be broken- they'll break said item. if my food is unattended, said food disappears.
i'll find my dinner months thereafter, beneath some random item. if they wanna play with their stuffed toy at 4:00am, you're waking. they said so. & if they get hungry, you'll feed them at 5:00. despite that fact that they both already have food waiting-- they were too busy too look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	21713  
__________________

__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.