"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #891
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Cutie, she looks like a terrier of some sort.

Remember, I have treats in my pockets for all doggies.

And lots of dog treat recipes somewhere on this site.
I read a review of a cookery book on Amazon where the reviewer was complaining about the writer including a recipe for dog biscuits - not a dog lover then.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #892
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I love making, buying and handing out dog treats. Every dog in the facility knows where my office is.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #893
Executive Chef

I may have told this story before, so please bear with me. My friend always brought dog treats with her when she came to visit. One day she sat down and forgot about the treats. She had set her purse on the floor. I looked over and there was my dog with his snoot buried in her purse! I doubt if he could have smelled them, because she had them in a plastic bag!
Old 01-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #894
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

LOL!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #895
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
I may have told this story before, so please bear with me. My friend always brought dog treats with her when she came to visit. One day she sat down and forgot about the treats. She had set her purse on the floor. I looked over and there was my dog with his snoot buried in her purse! I doubt if he could have smelled them, because she had them in a plastic bag!
Horse only rarely gets Polo mints but he always has a go at searching my pockets despite knowing that "mugging" for treats is strictly forbidden. He has a good line in "Who, me? I was just making sure that you had a clean handkerchief" acts.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:14 PM   #896
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm mugged on a daily basis, indoors, by multiple furry beasts.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:50 AM   #897
Executive Chef

Fed the Wonder Horse yesterday morning and went off to fix him a hay net.

Walked back into the barn and couldn't see him. Went to the loose box and still couldn't see him. Looked over the gate and there he was - lying down, head in bucket, eating his breakfast.

I know this animal doesn't use more effort than absolutely essential but I thought this was over-doing it a bit!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #898
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

ROFL!!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #899
Master Chef

OK, here' one for all you doggie lovers. Many of you old timers (haha) will remember my difficulties with a shelter dog we adopted a few years ago. Rosebud, with the help of some of you, and the advice of a few local trainers, has become a perfectly lovely pet and we adore her and she us. There's one oddity about her --- she will not fetch. Occasionally, she'll grab one of her toys and bring it to us, but if we toss it she gets this pitiful look, as if she gave us a gift and we threw it away. She likes her toys, and every day or two will walk up to all of them and touch them, touch her crate, and she's happy. It's like she has to reassure herself that her "stuff" is still there. But she won't play with it. Any stuffed toy or anything with a squeak or rattle, she destroys w/I hours, sometimes minutes) to take out the noise-maker. Her not playing isn't a big issue most of the time, but in winter you can tell she's bored, and us walking on ice/snow isn't going to happen. I'm tempted to get her a pull/tug-o-war toy, but am afraid of un-doing the training we went through to overcome her early aggressive tendencies. She could use some more exercise until our temps stay above freezing. Any ideas?
Old 01-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #900
Executive Chef

On my snowy walk today I met a man with a husky puppy with a blob of snow on its nose. A real sweetie. And just the weather for him.

Tags
egg