Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I was up quite a bit with Violet in the night. She is wheezing and coughing more than ever. The lump in her throat is growing daily and she is eating her wet food but very little dry. I am getting her meds down her but just barely. She is still happy to go out for walks and to the park but for a much shorter time (she will actually stand by the gate to go home).

We know that it is days, not weeks or months, that we have left with her and while we will not let her suffer, we are doing our best to make these last times happy for her...through a lot of tears.

For her sake, I hope she goes in her sleep like dear Smudge.

My condolences to both of you. Losing a family member is so difficult, and it's no easier to lose those four-footed children. My heart goes out to both of you. :cry:

RIP, sweet Smudge.

LP, I hope Violet will have a pain-free passing.

Last edited:
PF, LP, hugs to both of you.

Princess, so sorry I missed your earlier post. She went to sleep - I so pray that mine will too.

LP, between the lumps in my throat for Princess and then again for you and Violet... hugs

Princess, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Smudge. :cry:

LP, sending up strength to you when it comes time for Violet to join Smudge over the Rainbow Bridge.

So sorry for both of you ladies. :(

Thanks, everyone. We have had a bad couple of days but then tonight she was walking around the park with TB and even played very briefly with one of her dog friends. We just got back from the final walk of the night and I think I am more tired than she is.

Medtran, please don't worry. I know what that is like from personal experience as well. Last night I was waking up to every moment and sound she made. We moved her bed to my side but she is preferring the floor. We will not let her suffer one minute. I do hope she does just go in her sleep.

Thanks, Everyone. We are coping, Latté and Django are subdued, still looking for Smudge. I built a little memorial in the south yard for her.

LP, hugs for you and Violet.

(((Hugs PF))) I'm so sorry to read about Smudge. At least she went peacefully and Latté and Django won't be left wondering what happened to her.

(((Hugs LP))) Enjoy whatever time you have left with Violet.

We took our beloved Violet to the vet today as her breathing was laboured, her face and neck were all swollen and she could barely stand.

It was a tough decision but in the end we decided to let her go. I stayed with her and she never flinched or resisted in any way as they were prepping her. She just fell into a deep, peaceful, and permanent sleep.

Thanks everyone for your support - she will be missed.

Attachments

• Violet.JPG
    Violet.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 66
We took our beloved Violet to the vet today as her breathing was laboured, her face and neck were all swollen and she could barely stand.

It was a tough decision but in the end we decided to let her go. I stayed with her and she never flinched or resisted in any way as they were prepping her. She just fell into a deep, peaceful, and permanent sleep.

Oh, LP, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to let them go. She was well-loved by you and TB. Hugs and love to you both ❤️

I am so sorry LP, I send you good thoughts and wishes over the loss of your Beloved Violet.

My deep sympathies to you and TB, Lydia. :heart: Losing a pet, who gives you unconditional love no matter what, is one of the toughest things to do. She had a good life with you, and you with she...but I think you should have given her a little streak of Violet in her fur. ;)

Back
Top Bottom