"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #911
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I had a migraine and came home from work and went to lay down. Rob came home and heated up some leftover ham off the table. I come downstairs and see him at the dining room table with Oscar the cat sitting in my chair eating little bits of ham. This seems to be a new development, I've never seen him up in a dining room chair. We usually give him bits of bacon and ham on the floor.

He spoils that cat rotten.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #912
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I had a migraine and came home from work and went to lay down. Rob came home and heated up some leftover ham off the table. I come downstairs and see him at the dining room table with Oscar the cat sitting in my chair eating little bits of ham. This seems to be a new development, I've never seen him up in a dining room chair. We usually give him bits of bacon and ham on the floor.

You can't spoil a cat...they are our masters.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:13 PM   #913
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Our pets

I have a very strict rule here. Beagle is only to get treats/leftovers/etc. put in her food bowl. No feeding from where we're eating, as I don't want her begging. DH rarely follows this rule unless he's under my watchful eye. Husbands are much more difficult to train than dogs are.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #914
Chef Extraordinaire

Tonight Teddy was eating bean sprouts like it was a piece of raw beef. Strange appetite that dog has. Maybe he thought it was grass, a treat he delves into like it was candy.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:28 PM   #915
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Naughty Beagle. At almost 9, she still thinks she's a puppy. DH left a pair of his favorite beach shoes on the floor, and was surprised when he looked today that there was only one sandal. He tracked the other sandal to Beagle's bed, where he found total destruction. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1424633329.558542.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  14.1 KB
Old 02-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #916
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Cats spoil US by allowing us to feed them treats, provide them with comfortable places to sleep (usually the chair you want to sit in) and generally worship them.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:20 AM   #917
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post

Our DD had a cat that would sit at the bar on a bar stool with a bib around his neck and would delicately eat tidbits off his own plate. He also ate green olives, loved them and would go absolutely batty over them, worse than catnip.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #918
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Cats spoil US by allowing us to feed them treats, provide them with comfortable places to sleep (usually the chair you want to sit in) and generally worship them.
I used to spoil Teddy all the time. I got him to eat out of my hand. Something he wouldn't do for even Spike. He doesn't even eat if Spike is looking at him. Spike has to leave the room before he will eat. I decided to stop spoiling him. After all, he just a dog, as Spike always reminds me. Unless Spike tells me he didn't have time to feed him, he is not allowed to eat here in my house anymore. That dog sure took a long time to learn that. Sometimes when Spike feeds him at home, he turns his nose up at it. That dog seems to think he is in a doggie restaurant and has his choice from the menu.

Spike goes to the little neighborhood store near his home and buys the ends of their roast beef and they are often really rare. I'd love to have them myself. He feeds them to Teddy. That dang dog will turn his nose up at them and go eat the dry food that has been in his bowl for two weeks. Dust and all. To get him to eat meat, you have to rub it across his nose and then his lips so he can get a taste of what it is. And Spike has the nerve to tell "He is just a dog!" But I still love that dog. In my eyes, he can do no wrong!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #919
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
So true! They rule the earth along with the home.

Teddy has a brass bed of his own. When Spike tells him it is time for him to go in his own bed he jumps down, gets in his brass bed and waits for Spike to put his blanket over him. Try doing that with a cat! They just look at you and do whatever they want to do!
Old 02-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #920
Master Chef

Quote:
I used to have Garrison Keillor's cassette called "Songs of the Cat" . He had some pretty funny ones, sang to the tune of popular songs. Once I switched over to CD's, I don't know what became of the cassette. Anyone who has an indoor/outdoor cat will identify with this.

Tags
egg