Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bottle caps and straws - my cats have a stash under fridge, stove and dressers.

Yeah, so that $50 cat tower with a dangling stuffed mouse? Fascinating to her for about two days [emoji38] They are scratching the rope-wrapped legs, though, so there's that.
So true... :LOL:

Daughters cats (2) have totally ignored their new cat tower but anything they see is fair game to them..

I'm not a cat guy but, they DO keep me laughing when they are not sleeping.. (most of the day) :ermm:

Ross

I'm not a cat person, either, but I have enjoyed the entertainment of one cat, and one laser pointer. There is nothing more entertaining than watching a cat chase a little red dot around a room -- especially when it runs face-first into a wall.

Then again, a dog chasing a ball on a tile floor can get interesting, too. When they hit the wall, they have the brakes on, but it's too late.

CD

We are not longer a family with a pet. Our granddaughter moved to NY City for more flight opportunities with American and she took her dog with her.

Late every afternoon, I'd settle into my recliner in the living room to relax and catch up on some recorded TV shows. No matter what Pico was doing, when he heard me move into the LR, he'd run and jump up onto my lap. That was his spot for the rest of the afternoon.

While he was often way too yippy for my taste, SO and I had become attached and miss him.

We are not longer a family with a pet. Our granddaughter moved to NY City for more flight opportunities with American and she took her dog with her.

Late every afternoon, I'd settle into my recliner in the living room to relax and catch up on some recorded TV shows. No matter what Pico was doing, when he heard me move into the LR, he'd run and jump up onto my lap. That was his spot for the rest of the afternoon.

While he was often way too yippy for my taste, SO and I had become attached and miss him.

It amazes me what dogs can hear. I sometimes think psycho-poodle can hear my thoughts. I can make all kinds of noise in the kitchen without him moving an inch, but if I touch the Puperoni bag in the panty, BAM, there he is. It is virtually impossible for me to put on a pair of shoes (I don't wear shoes in the house) without him knowing it.

CD

dragn, sorry to hear that Gracie Goose is gone...

casey, the dog we had while I was growing up could tell when you grabbed a can of tuna from the basement pantry. She loved tuna! Any other can, she'd ignore you. But as soon as you came up the steps with a tuna can (still sealed, mind you), she was at your heals. It was as if she had radar.

And yet you never mention missing your granddaughter...:angel: Well, in your defense, I suppose it's because she isn't a "pet". ;)

I am a cat person, but I love a good dog. Most of the dogs I have known have been very good dogs. If I had more yard, I would have a dog, too.

As it is, Dad is busy leash training Jethro so I can walk him without being dragged. Jethro has no manners, but it isn't his fault, he was never taught any. He is also very strong minded, a trait bred into him, it's taken me a couple of years to get him to mind me and most of it is my tone of voice. Dad just has to say his name to get some semblance of obedience. One day, when he got out of the yard, we found out that he will come when I call him . And please don't tell him is able to jump the fence...he doesn't know.

Last edited:
lol... Princess, you are so lucky he doesn't realize he can jump over! Even my geese, when they find the tiniest hole never forget it is there and go back to check all around in the exact same spot where they found it first.

I don't know if I posted this before but one dog pulled open the toaster oven door to get at a loaf of bread I had stashed there before going out!

This same dog, very long legs, (Saarloos Wolfhound) could open any door. Round knob, flipper - (oh please, why bother to even close it?), double glass patio doors, heavy - old fashion - and with a bar. I had to get up on the kitchen stool to put the bar waaay beyond his reach.
Toggle bar (easy peasy) on a pantry. Only reason I knew something was missing was the tiny piece of plastic with half the words "..own su.." . Brand new bag of brown sugar 2 lbs. .. gone. Whether one dog ate it alone or shared it with the other 3 - at least there was no blood anywhere so it was a peaceful party- although he probably finished it himself in 3 gulps.

Good night all - may you have a good shift Princess, busy enough to keep you awake but not so busy as to poop you out! ;)

OKaaaay!

We've had Sparky since February 8 when we brought him home from our local shelter. He just had the "take me home" look on his face and in a matter of hours he became part of our family.

He's been a real sweetie-bug and he and Harley, our original baby, have become the best of buds.

The first picture is of our brown boxer doggie, Harley. She's been with us for almost 7 years and is a sweet and loving girl.

We weren't sure how she and Sparky would make it together but, after, about 12 hours, they were "spooning" in the big dog house. Now each of them has their own house, but the snoozin' together hasn't stopped. They are just the best of friends.

The second photo is of Sparky....ready for his close-up

Attachments

• Image0006.jpg
    Image0006.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Image0023.jpg
    Image0023.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Our dog waits like this every night for us to have dinner..she'll sit there until we eat..tonight it was about 15 minutes

Attachments

• 31116773_10156399342249993_1586800831720587264_n.jpg
    31116773_10156399342249993_1586800831720587264_n.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 90
A hunting friend brought over his new 10mo.old German Shorthair today. Large, beautiful girl, number 9 in the series. She was very busy. Needless to say, Beagle was not pleased, and kept a wary eye on her.

Last edited:
OKaaaay!

We've had Sparky since February 8 when we brought him home from our local shelter. He just had the "take me home" look on his face and in a matter of hours he became part of our family.

He's been a real sweetie-bug and he and Harley, our original baby, have become the best of buds.

The first picture is of our brown boxer doggie, Harley. She's been with us for almost 7 years and is a sweet and loving girl.

We weren't sure how she and Sparky would make it together but, after, about 12 hours, they were "spooning" in the big dog house. Now each of them has their own house, but the snoozin' together hasn't stopped. They are just the best of friends.

The second photo is of Sparky....ready for his close-up

That is awesome, KTH. They both look exactly like the kind of dogs I'd love. Glad to hear they are best buds.

Some evenings I eat my supper in front of the TV - not often but enough for me to suddenly notice that Maya, always within a foot of my supper and I, would not be with me.

She will not leave the kitchen as long as there is food on the counter, she knows I will be coming back and still hopes she'll have that nano-second to grab anything I should perchance drop.

It amazes me what dogs can hear. I sometimes think psycho-poodle can hear my thoughts. I can make all kinds of noise in the kitchen without him moving an inch, but if I touch the Puperoni bag in the panty, BAM, there he is. It is virtually impossible for me to put on a pair of shoes (I don't wear shoes in the house) without him knowing it.

CD

We have mostly the same experiences with Miley. He can be asleep on our bed, but if I drop one little piece of diced chicken into his bowl that escaped from something I'm making in the kitchen, he's right there. It doesn't hurt that he never quite grew into his ears. They are like radar receivers, each moving independently to track different sounds at the same time.

i-4fb9BLp-XL.jpg

He loves these rope tug toys, but the problem is that when not playing tug-of-war, he just lies down with one and starts tearing it to shreds. As a result, he doesn't get one very often.

i-n6WRT74-L.jpg

Up really early to have some quiet time alone with Trub.Before the guys take him in.

His cancer has spread rapidly.We did all his favorite things this weekend.
Q'd a Brisket, played ball.

I've been very blessed to have had him right beside me for 14 years.
That's a long time for a Golden Retriever.
Trub had a way of worming his way into everybody's heart.

I'll miss him terribly my hearts heavy.
Now he can go and be with his beloved Sophie.

Munky,

Back
Top Bottom