Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My little Pupper is starting to have trouble jumping up onto the couch. He's 13 or so. He jumps up, but falls back. That's how my last dog injured his eye. Fell back and hit the edge of the coffee table. We have put Pupper's afghan on the floor thinking he will choose to stay down, but he's determined to be on the couch. Poor doggie.

Carol, if he is allowed on the couch, why not put a step in front of the couch so it's easier for him to get up.

Some Walgreens sell pet steps. I think places like Petco might too. I built Beagle's from a kit from Drs Smith and Foster, she loves them.

Spike has a set for Teddy because his bed is so high. It even has "brass railings" that match the headboard and foot board on the dog's bed. Is this dog spoiled? The only time Teddy goes up on the bed is if he needs to wakeup Spike because he NEEDS to go out now, or during a thunderstorm. :angel:

I doubt if he would use a step. Neither he nor our other dog have ever been able to jump onto the bed. We have a cedar chest at the foot of the bed and I tried to teach them to jump onto the cedar chest and then onto the bed and they just couldn't get the drift.

Say, cat folk -- need some advice here, please. One of my kitties has had a very stuffy nose for several days now. Short of a vet, what can I do at home to help relieve it? I suspected an allergic reaction to some new dry food, but that's been gone for 5 or 6 feedings with no improvement. He seems to feel OK -- eating & litterbox use fine. Thanks for any suggestions.

Lizzie it found this - hope it helps. Home Remedies for a Cat's Stuffy Nose | eHow

Carol, if he is allowed on the couch, why not put a step in front of the couch so it's easier for him to get up.

We had to make a ramp for our large dog to get in the back of the pick-up truck. The right shaped pillows would also work for your dog to get up on the couch.

(I thought ALL dogs were allowed on the furniture!)

Say, cat folk -- need some advice here, please. One of my kitties has had a very stuffy nose for several days now. Short of a vet, what can I do at home to help relieve it? I suspected an allergic reaction to some new dry food, but that's been gone for 5 or 6 feedings with no improvement. He seems to feel OK -- eating & litterbox use fine. Thanks for any suggestions.
Have a look at this
http://www.justanswer.com/pet-cat/17u1l-cat-sniffling-sounds-congested.html

Mine aren't!
Where would I sit? :LOL:

Attachments

• three sleeping.jpg
    three sleeping.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 178
Yes, why is it that dogs will seek a corner and cats will seek someplace noticeable?
Wait, that's a stupid question.

When I had a cat I found he wouldn't seek anywhere. He would puke wherever he happened to be.

I can just see me trying to put drops in Shreddy's nose. :ohmy: I might succeed the first time. :LOL:
I liked "take the cat in the bathroom when you shower". Um, I take lukewarm ones so there's no steam. :huh: Besides, if she's in there when I start the water she yells at the top of her little kitty lungs and scratches at the door! :LOL: No way could I take her caterwauling for the five or so minutes I'm under the water...and neither could the door.

I liked "take the cat in the bathroom when you shower". Um, I take lukewarm ones so there's no steam. :huh: Besides, if she's in there when I start the water she yells at the top of her little kitty lungs and scratches at the door! :LOL: No way could I take her caterwauling for the five or so minutes I'm under the water...and neither could the door.
It wouldn't work for me either. I have to leave the door open or I can't breathe and get dizzy.

Mine aren't!
Where would I sit? :LOL:

You would just have to sit on the floor, silly. :)

Or the dogs can sit on your lap. Wish I could show you the picture of my Great Dane (dog, not Hamlet) sitting on my lap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom