Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, why is it that dogs will seek a corner and cats will seek someplace noticeable?
Wait, that's a stupid question.

Shore is! :)

My Siamese cat threw up his just eaten can of chopped liver in the floor heater---- a grill that only had on and off and was in the middle of the room---- While it was going full bore! Took months for that smell to dissipate!

Yes, why is it that dogs will seek a corner and cats will seek someplace noticeable?
Wait, that's a stupid question.
I thought you meant where they want to hang out.
I find that cats will seek some place high.

When I had a cat I found he wouldn't seek anywhere. He would puke wherever he happened to be.
Yup, wherever they happen to be. Like sitting on the back of the couch while I was taking a nap on the couch. :ohmy: I pretty much woke up yelling at the cat. Most unpleasant.

I always hated putting my hand in cold cat puke when pushing back the covers and getting out of bed in the morning. Of course he would just find a dry spot.

Yup, wherever they happen to be. Like sitting on the back of the couch while I was taking a nap on the couch. :ohmy: I pretty much woke up yelling at the cat. Most unpleasant.

I have a definite knee jerk reaction when I hear that noise in my sleep, both cats go flying, I don't care who the culprit is.

A favorite depository seems to be the fringe on the oriental carpets.

I keep the long haired one brushed. She loves being brushed actually. Even so, she works until she creates dread locks when giving herself a bath. Many hours of daily primping. She is very patient and allows me to work them out, with a little tugging and pulling. Otherwise, she works them out herself and then, ugh, she eats them. And we all know what happens then. The young'un doesn't care for much brushing, so I give her a quick once over as best as possible.
This seems to cut down on spewing hairballs.

And yes, I have learned to check the bed and pillows for any surprises before getting into bed. Uck.

My kitty is prowling around the lawn right now eating bits of grass here and there. He prefers the most tender blades of grass in which to create his yaks.

He's not going to be allowed inside for a while. :LOL:

Last edited:
My kitty is prowling around the lawn right now eating bits of grass here and there. He prefers the most tender blades of grass in which to create his yaks. :ermm:

He's not going to be allowed inside for a while. :LOL:
People keep telling me that cats eat greens to help with their digestion. I don't think that's it. They eat them to make it easier to hork.

People keep telling me that cats eat greens to help with their digestion. I don't think that's it. They eat them to make it easier to hork.

Yup. Beagle will also eat greens when she has a digestive upset, but we think she just wants to hork as well. She will frantically search out anything green, including grass, house plants and carpet. Schefellera has a caustic chemical, and is not good for animals as we found when she tried to purge herself. Also not good for the schefellera.

I didn't know that dogs do that as well. But I've had cats more than dogs. Good to know about the schefellera plants. :ohmy:

Pac, I loved the pics of your dogs. They sure are big, and look so comfy laying there in the sun. :)

It's the only sound that wakes me up clear, lucid and ready to Kung Fu me some cats.:ROFLMAO:
Yup, me too.

I remember being woken by "You better get up. A firefighter just told me the building next door is on fire." I jumped out of bed and got dressed, but I was running around like a headless chicken. Definitely not clear and lucid. :LOL:

Monkey insists in coming into the bathroom with me, no matter the reason. If I kick her out, she sneaks right back in or howls at the door. When I shower, she has been known to sit on the far outer corner of the tub and peak in. I take hot steamy showers so maybe she will never get a cold!

I do feel like I have a peeping tom or a stalker though....just as long as it isn't "Psycho". :ermm: We watched "Hitchcock" the other night.

Last edited:
I had a cat who always wanted to sit on the edge of the tub when my then boyfriend took a bath (I'm a shower person, I seldom take a bath, even when I have a good tub). He let his tail float in the water, but didn't notice. I guess the bath water was just the right temperature. He hopped off the edge of the tub; flicked his tail in the air and it was heavy with water, so it continued and wacked him on the head. Poor guy ran like all get out. He had been attacked by a wet monster. :LOL:

.. Beagle can take up the whole bed all by her 23 lb self!
I love Himself dearly but we sleep separately because his snoring keeps me up. He has the king bed, while I am happily and quietly sleeping on the futon mattress. Somehow our 12 pound cat can take up the entire king bed in such a manner Himself is constantly changing positions and sides of the bed. However, if LittleBit decides she wants to sleep with me she ends up all curled up on the outside bottom corner of the mattress. Why? Because when she visits Himself he pets her, but if she comes in with me I move her to the foot of the bed. Now she goes there on her own. Now tell me WHO can be taught? :LOL:

I love Himself dearly but we sleep separately because his snoring keeps me up. He has the king bed, while I am happily and quietly sleeping on the futon mattress. Somehow our 12 pound cat can take up the entire king bed in such a manner Himself is constantly changing positions and sides of the bed. However, if LittleBit decides she wants to sleep with me she ends up all curled up on the outside bottom corner of the mattress. Why? Because when she visits Himself he pets her, but if she comes in with me I move her to the foot of the bed. Now she goes there on her own. Now tell me WHO can be taught? :LOL:

Many a loving marriage has been saved because the wise couple had the good sense to sleep in separate rooms. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom