Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taxy, I hope the vet had an easy solution. Something like the feline equivalent of Tums. Or mouthwash. :LOL:

When we talked to our daughter on Sunday she told us she and her brother were taking her male cat (originally called Smokey but now he is Dan - he had a bad case of dandruff), to the vet Monday. He had a stroke back in January and he's been on-and-off with improving ever since. She was afraid Dan needed to be put down. :( But she didn't call last night and our son didn't post an "rip" on Facebook so I'm guessing Dan lives on.

I have two very environmentally conscious pets.

I just got a box of supplies and as soon as I opened it, Violet grabbed the packing paper and ripped it up into small pieces (her method of recycling ;)) and I couldn't get the stuff out fast enough before Monkey claimed the box as her next play fort! :LOL:

Our poor kids. Turns out that our daughter's Dan The Cat had to be put down. He was around 14 but had had several strokes this year, on top of his hearing loss last year. That didn't stop him from nibbling radish slices from me at the holidays. Poor guy little. Gonna miss him when we visit this year. RIP Dan the Cat...

Attachments

• 2014-01-04 11.23.47.jpg
    2014-01-04 11.23.47.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 172
CG, so sorry to hear of Dan the Cat's passing. It is so hard to see them go no matter what the circumstances. Our mutt Joie was so sick when he passed but I still miss him, even with Monkey in our lives now. I think about the wonderful trouble those to would get into together and chuckle.

It sound's like Dan had a good life and was loved. He liked radishes? Is this normal for cats?

Sorry to here about Dan the grandkitty.

The news at the vet was terrible.

Shreddy has a growth in his mouth that is probably cancer. The foul smell is necrotic tissue. The vet also felt a mass in Shreddy's abdominal area. We got it X-rayed. The mass was even bigger than it felt to the vet. It's probably malignant. It's about 8 cm the long way and maybe 5 the other way. There doesn't seem to be any point in putting Shreddy through a biopsy and ultrasound to properly diagnose the growth in his mouth. The vet thinks he has a few weeks. He gave me an anti-inflammatory/pain reliever for Shreddy. It's liquid, so I won't have to pill him.

Sigh. I'm going to miss that sweet boy when he goes. The vet said that it's time to bring him in when he stops eating.

Oh, Taxy, Stirling, and Shreddy! So sorry to hear, hugs to you all.

The news at the vet was terrible....Sigh. I'm going to miss that sweet boy when he goes. The vet said that it's time to bring him in when he stops eating.
Aw gee taxy, I'm so sorry to hear this. We're both a bundle of good news tonight, aren't we? Sending along good thoughts for all of you.

Linda, So sorry to hear this news about Shreddy. It's just such a hard thing to go thru.....but how great that Shreddy has had 18 years, I hope they were all with you, because then we know they were all great! ((((Hugs)))) to you and your beloved cat.....and Stirling too ?

:angel::angel: One each for Shreddy and Dan the Cat. Oh TL, I am so sorry to hear about Shreddy. Both Dan and Shreddy have had good long loving lives. It is so painful to lose a furry member of the family. My heart goes out to both you and Stirling along with Dan the Cat's loving family. :angel:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes.

Somebunny, Shreddy was 10 weeks old when we adopted him. Yup, over 18 years of his demands for loving. Such a sweet boy.

Back
Top Bottom