Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about Shreddy. Our Winston, also 18, went pretty much the same way. It just got to the point where he lost his will to live. He didn't eat much toward the end and started to have labored breathing pretty much all the time.

We knew it was time. You will know when it's time as well.

It's hard to say goodbye to our furry friends.

Taxy, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am going to miss Shreddy too - as we have gotten to know each other here, we have gotten to know each other's families as well, and that includes the fur-kids. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Taxy, Stirling and Shreddy}}}}}}}}}}}}}.

I'm so sorry to hear about Shreddy and Dan the cat. They were fortunate to find themselves with your families. Anyone who opens their heart to a pet takes on the burden of having to say goodbye at some time. I'm sorry this was your time.

Our poor kids. Turns out that our daughter's Dan The Cat had to be put down. He was around 14 but had had several strokes this year, on top of his hearing loss last year. That didn't stop him from nibbling radish slices from me at the holidays. Poor guy little. Gonna miss him when we visit this year. RIP Dan the Cat...

I hate to hear about the loss of any animal. It's does leave a void. Sorry.

For Beagle lovers---- you could stay in this hotel:

1398163405-0.jpg

The link is:
A Bed And Breakfast Shaped Like A Beagle - Neatorama

So cute! But are dogs allowed?

:LOL: Wouldn't that be a hoot if they weren't??

"Pet Policy/Rates: Responsible pets arriving with their well-behaved humans are welcome to stay with prior approval. $15/pet nonrefundable fee applies. Advance reservations required."

(I like the wording on that.:cool:)

I would probably request that a fee for children be required also! Refundable of course. (Ducking and running!)

Here's another B&B in Belgium.

hotel-500x408.jpg

Shreddy hasn't eaten much since we came back from the vet. I'm hoping that changes when the pain reliever kicks in. It was surprisingly easy to give it to him. I cuddled him for a while, then I took hold of the scruff of his neck and tilted his head up. I squirted the liquid in the corner of his mouth and that was it. He swallowed it with no complaints. He didn't run away when I let go of him. He stayed for some more scritching.

He has decided he wants to explore the yard. He used to act like he had agoraphobia. This is a surprising development, but encouraging. He has lost interest in so much.

Shreddy hasn't eaten much since we came back from the vet. I'm hoping that changes when the pain reliever kicks in. It was surprisingly easy to give it to him. I cuddled him for a while, then I took hold of the scruff of his neck and tilted his head up. I squirted the liquid in the corner of his mouth and that was it. He swallowed it with no complaints. He didn't run away when I let go of him. He stayed for some more scritching.

He has decided he wants to explore the yard. He used to act like he had agoraphobia. This is a surprising development, but encouraging. He has lost interest in so much.

This sounds promising, that he wants to explore. It's hard to eat with a sore mouth, hope the pain reliever works!

This sounds promising, that he wants to explore. It's hard to eat with a sore mouth, hope the pain reliever works!
I'm wondering if he knows he doesn't have long in this world and knows that if he is ever going to explore the yard, he's got to do it now. There are green growing things and lots of smells.

Stirling reminded me of his first Spring. We opened windows and he zoomed from one window to the next. He was so excited about all the wonderful smells. It was pretty funny to see him zooming and jumping into windows.

Here's some pix of the agoraphobic Shreddy exploring the yard today, and enjoying the sunshine.

I think you need to rethink agoraphobic, Taxy, he looks like he's really enjoying himself :) What a sweety!

Must have been on his bucket list!

I think you need to rethink agoraphobic, Taxy, he looks like he's really enjoying himself :) What a sweety!

Must have been on his bucket list!
That's what I figure. Yeah, I should have put agoraphobic in quotes. He used to panic outdoors.

Last edited:
Taxy, thanks so much for the pictures. Shreddy reminds me of Buttons the cat we had when we lived on the prairies. I was pretty young, but I remember her. Very beautiful - and had a 'tude to go with it....even for a cat! She used to hop the fence into the neighbour's yard and sit with her back to their dog, swishing her tail back and forth....just inches out of the reach of his lead. :wacko: Drove him nuts!

Anyway, you have a handsome one there and I am glad he got out and about, even if it was just in the yard for some rays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom