Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting here with a wet cat, who wants scritches. Shreddy was out in the rain and had to be encouraged to come back inside.

This is him yesterday, out in the rain. YouTube is taking forever to get rid of the shakiness of the video. It says the editing is in progress and will be ready in a little while. It's been saying that since last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqddMD99JgM
Nice puddy-tat. I love tabbies. Many years ago I knew a girl who had a Burmese who loved water and would roll and play in it whenever he got the chance.

Shreddy looks like he is still having a good time.. He is a very beautiful cat!
Thank you, I think he's beautiful. :wub:

He does seem to still having a good time. He really likes his little outings into the yard. He has been out in the rain a second time this morning. This time he seemed to want to check something on the far side of the yard. Once he had checked, he came back in.

We are having "Kitten Teriyaki" tonight...both brats started in on me at 1 AM this morning, crawling over me and hollering for me to feed them. Close to every hour...arrrgh!

Horse is very wary of dogs he doesn't know and is plain scared of German Shepherds.

I don't know if it helps but Violet is a border collie boxer who doesn't know she is a dog.....she thinks she is human and we don't have the heart to tell her otherwise! :LOL:

I don't know if it helps but Violet is a border collie boxer who doesn't know she is a dog.....she thinks she is human and we don't have the heart to tell her otherwise! :LOL:
:LOL: I once had a dog like that. She thought she made all the decisions in the house. I wonder if it's just bitches or if dogs are like that too.

I can understand very easily your love of Horse. We have wild mustangs here in the States. I love watching them run across the hills. Every year they have a roundup of them and certain ones are put up for adoption. Those that aren't adopted are sent back to be wild. Adoption is not that easy either. You have to prove that you own a ranch or farm for the horse and that the horse will not be used for rodeo or other purpose that will be harmful to the animal. Then once you get the animal home, the hard work begins. It is up to the new owner to break it and turn it into a horse that can be ridden. Good Luck to the new owner.

We still have fox hunting here, mostly in Virginia as far as I know. When Jackie Kennedy was in the White House she often would go to the hounds! Of course that meant the Secret Service had to ride along with her and keep up with her.

There was a group of 4-H girls from another part of the state that rode without a bridle, saddle or any leather at all. They gave all the commands with only their knees. No hands at all. Needles to say, they always went home with the Blue Ribbon. :angel:

:LOL: I once had a dog like that. She thought she made all the decisions in the house. I wonder if it's just bitches or if dogs are like that too.

No, Teddy thinks he is human also. He loves cheese, and most food that humans eat. Including veggies. Spike buys Teddy roast beef while he eats leftover rotisserie chicken. He used to buy turkey for him. But ever since Spike started to buy the roast beef, he won't touch the turkey meat. Spoiled rotten! :angel:

I am sitting here with a wet cat, who wants scritches. Shreddy was out in the rain and had to be encouraged to come back inside.

This is him yesterday, out in the rain. YouTube is taking forever to get rid of the shakiness of the video. It says the editing is in progress and will be ready in a little while. It's been saying that since last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqddMD99JgM

So glad to hear that Shreddy is still able to enjoy his treks outdoors.

Violet is too smart for her own good.

Yesterday I gave them their dinner and Vi got her small half a tramadol pill out of the piece of wet food and left it on the floor as she has done so many times before. When she had finished, I put it in the bowl (which is on a bucket to make it the right height for her) so that monkey wouldn't get it. She was no where near her dish at the time. Not ten minutes later I walked by and the pill was back on the floor. :wacko:

I did eventually get it into her with a small piece of cheese which we reserve only for such "emergencies" as she shouldn't have it but loves it. To be honest, I think she knows this and orchestrates this little game to get the cheese! :LOL:

Last edited:
lol thanks Taxy. She loves these...spits the pill out and gobbles them down!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I wish she as smart enough to realize how important this medication is for her. But she ate it all up this morning including all the pills.

Her meloxicam is liquid and chicken flavored so I give her the dose in a small amount of chicken stock (I am making it all the time anyway). The tramadol comes in liquid as well, but she turned her nose up and wouldn't touch the broth with it in. A costly little experiment. So we are back with the pills half twice a day.

The vet left about 20 minutes ago. Shreddy is no longer in pain. We are going to miss him a lot. He was a sweetheart.

Taxlady, I'm so sorry. Shreddy would say thank you for being such a good owner and taking such good care of him.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Linda. You did all you could for him and gave him some great memories to take with him.

Back
Top Bottom