Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tough times with the Furkids, PF and jabbur. Hang in there and know you guys have a whole slew of people here thinking about your pets.

PF, do you think Shrek might like a few of those kibbles? :stuart:

He prefers chocolate pudding with whipped cream...:LOL:

I got the Purina Gentle, it's a new formula, got just a little bag to see if they liked it...I better get a bigger bag. Especially if Shrek is going to be eating it.

Thinking of all of you and the beloved furbabies....gosh, what we wouldn't do for them, if it's at all possible. :heart: My little friend will be 15 this summer, and so far so good, but he's getting to be a little more demanding and spoiled. :LOL: :wub: Hims loves to cuddle in my bed.
He's handsome and looks like a sweety.

Jabbur, what helped one of our old cockers was when the vet put him on Rimadyl when the old bones started to give out.

He's on Rimadyl and Gabapentin twice a day along with glucosamine. With his diabetes he's more prone to neuropathy and that's what the vet thinks is happening. His poor left hind leg usually drags behind and now his right hind leg he tends to walk on top of his toes. That's how the left leg started. He's lost bowel control but so far still urinates outside. Just about everytime he gets up he leaves a "gift." He still seems happy so we keep putting it off.

Thinking of all of you and the beloved furbabies....gosh, what we wouldn't do for them, if it's at all possible. :heart: My little friend will be 15 this summer, and so far so good, but he's getting to be a little more demanding and spoiled. :LOL: :wub: Hims loves to cuddle in my bed.

He is quite the handsome fella. Mom and Dad had a cat like him , he was much beloved.

So sweet! I've always loved black cats. I had two when I was in undergrad school, they answered to their names. They could also open cabinet doors.

So sweet! I've always loved black cats. I had two when I was in undergrad school, they answered to their names. They could also open cabinet doors.

Cats are so smart - they quickly learn things that benefit them. :LOL: My Mr. Blackee gives me a 'high five' whenever I walk past him, he learned he would get extra loves and a bunch of 'good kitty!' when he does that. It's so funny. He waves his paw in the air and does that combination purr-meow thing. :LOL:

Cats are so smart - they quickly learn things that benefit them. :LOL: My Mr. Blackee gives me a 'high five' whenever I walk past him, he learned he would get extra loves and a bunch of 'good kitty!' when he does that. It's so funny. He waves his paw in the air and does that combination purr-meow thing. :LOL:

My dad despised cats. Absolutely hated them. Of course, my cats at the time knew that, and I have a picture somewhere that has them peeking out of his jacket sleeves.

Such a pretty kitty, Cheryl! ~ Not all cats are smart. Midnight was. She answered when you called her, sat up if you told her to "beg" for a treat, would rub herself against your ankle if you asked "do you love me"? LittleBit, on the other hand, was sweet but dumb. Made us wonder sometimes how her kind ever survived for all these centuries. :LOL:

Such a pretty kitty, Cheryl! ~ Not all cats are smart. Midnight was. She answered when you called her, sat up if you told her to "beg" for a treat, would rub herself against your ankle if you asked "do you love me"? LittleBit, on the other hand, was sweet but dumb. Made us wonder sometimes how her kind ever survived for all these centuries. :LOL:

LOL! Latte gives you that look that means she would hold up her middle finger, if she had one, while doing what you ask or tell her to do. Smudge just complains the whole time, talks back.

Though cats tend to be smart, they can be dumb. We had one who was stupid that we named him Dumbshit.

Even siblings can have vast differences in "smarts." Both kittens (though I guess they are cats now since they just celebrated their 1st) love to go into the closet when it's opened and quite often get closed up in it. Mindy figured out how to push the doors open. Mork just sits there and yeows until somebody comes to let him out. There have been other things too, just can't think off top of my head but the closet thing happens often.

Dumbshit was the largest of a litter of seven. His mum was none too bright. I'm told his father wasn't either. And then there was Musmus. She was the smallest of that litter. She and Dumbshit moved in with me at the same time. Musmus got all the brains that the rest of the family should have had. She was a smart, adorable, shenanicat.

We have an appointment tonight at 6:30 pm for Ollie. He's on his knees most of the time trying to walk now. Doesn't want to move much. Will struggle up the 2 steps into the kitchen to eat but otherwise stays in the family room. He looked so pitiful this morning. His ears are always down now too. It was one of the hardest phone calls I've had to make. Glad DH and both my boys want to go with me. I don't know if I could do it otherwise. Just thinking about it today at work would get me teary.

It's so hard to lose a friend. Thoughts with you, Jabbur. I'm sure Ollie would want this.

Jeez, I'm just a weeping bag of mush when it comes to having to put down a pet, mine or anyone else's.

Last edited:
jabbur, my heart breaks for you and your family. Tonight Teddy was licking my hand. I just had to tell him that he is the ONLY dog I ever let lick me. So I can understand the love you have for Ollie. And I don't even own Teddy.

Spike is the last person that you will ever hear expressing love for anyone or any animal. When his wife died, someone said to me that he seemed very cold about her death. Little did they know my son. Yet last night we had a great heart to heart about losing the ones we love. He admitted that when it is time for Teddy to go, he will have to have his son go with him. "I just love him too much to do it alone. I will need someone with me for support." I don't know if I could do it myself. Yet I am a very strong believer in that it is very selfish to let a pet suffer.

Ollie is going to be with all the pets that have gone before him. They will have a good time talking about who got the most write-ups in DC. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom