Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl, can you take Blackee Boo out in the yard, supervised once in a while? I did that with Shreddy, because I'm a worry wart.

Me, too. Yes, I'll do that once he heals a little more. He loves the outdoors and I don't want to take that away from him altogether. :wub:

Get a harness and leash for him, Cheryl. LittleBit was afraid of her own shadow and wouldn't go out, but Midnight, our first (and smarter ;) ) kitty loved being out. I'm a firm believer in indoor cats since I love the birds, too, so Midnight was an indoor cat with outside privileges. When I would work in the garden, she would get leashed up and tied to the garden bench leg. She was perfectly happy laying there watching me, the birds, and neighbor kids. Loved eating the grass, too. Then I'd get to clean up when she came in... Still, if I had to run into the house to get more water to drink (or let some out), I knew I could go in for a few minutes and she wouldn't get into trouble. No mean cat to bother her, though, so you might want to take Mr. Blackie-Boo in if you leash him.

Sorry, I typed out more but it got lost.

Cheryl, Blackie boo is a great name for a beautiful black cat. 17 years old and he still runs around?

Addie, a SNAP test is a basic blood test that checks for FLV (AIDS), FeLV (luekemia), and heart worms.

It's especially important if a cat was bitten by another cat.

Thanks Tom. You are the best!

Eventually I'm going to mention him in one of my cooking posts, so why not introduce you to him now. Forum, meet psycho-poodle. Yes, I have a poodle. It wasn't by choice, my sister rescued him and her other dog wanted to kill him. The family decided that I would take him in.

Actually, he turned out to be a pretty cool dog, and a lot of fun. He loves to play rough, and his best friend is a black cat named VooDoo, who also likes to play rough. They wear each other out.

Picture attached...

CD

Attachments

• Psychodog800-600.jpg
    Psychodog800-600.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Teddy-Voodoo800-600.jpg
    Teddy-Voodoo800-600.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 89
Poodles were bred to be water retrievers. They are smart and can be very cool dogs. It's not their fault when they aren't. Dogs live up (or down) to their owners' expectations.

Poodles are cool dogs. They seem like they'd be froo-froo, but they're really not.

Around these parts, SNAP is an acronym for our spay and neuter program (for dogs.). Every spring the Humane Society has discounted SNAP rates.

Last edited:
LOL - jokes on me - sorry Bucky, I was so sure that SNAP was an acronym for a joke that I had heard.

Lol, dragon. I was wondering where you were going with that. Ok, so, joke please.

Casey, my childhood buddy had a crazy poodle. That was an awesome dog. Like taxy said, they are what you teach them, and of you teach them fun, there you go. Also, it's great that your cat gets along.

Poodles are cool dogs. They seem like they'd be froo-froo, but they're really not.

Around these parts, SNAP is an acronym for our spay and neuter program (for dogs.). Every spring the Humane Society has discounted SNAP rates.
It's the hairdos. And those froo-froo seeming hairdos actually had a sensible reason, if your poodle is a water retriever. Apparently they used to believe that poodles were prone to arthritis. Hunters would shave as much of the fur as possible, because long fur isn't optimal for a water dog. But, to keep joints and chest warm, they left the fur there.

The pompom on the end of the tail also has a sensible history. Imagine several hunters are out with their dogs. Three black and two white poodles jump in the water. How do you tell them apart? Well, if one dog has a large and a small pompom on the end of her tail and another one has three pompoms, then you can tell by colour and the arrangement of pompoms on those tails which are sticking up out of the water.

Eventually I'm going to mention him in one of my cooking posts, so why not introduce you to him now. Forum, meet psycho-poodle. Yes, I have a poodle. It wasn't by choice, my sister rescued him and her other dog wanted to kill him. The family decided that I would take him in.

Actually, he turned out to be a pretty cool dog, and a lot of fun. He loves to play rough, and his best friend is a black cat named VooDoo, who also likes to play rough. They wear each other out.

Picture attached...

CD

I LOVE those pics, Casey! :LOL: Sweet furbabies there. :wub:

Get a harness and leash for him, Cheryl. LittleBit was afraid of her own shadow and wouldn't go out, but Midnight, our first (and smarter ;) ) kitty loved being out. I'm a firm believer in indoor cats since I love the birds, too, so Midnight was an indoor cat with outside privileges. When I would work in the garden, she would get leashed up and tied to the garden bench leg. She was perfectly happy laying there watching me, the birds, and neighbor kids. Loved eating the grass, too. Then I'd get to clean up when she came in... Still, if I had to run into the house to get more water to drink (or let some out), I knew I could go in for a few minutes and she wouldn't get into trouble. No mean cat to bother her, though, so you might want to take Mr. Blackie-Boo in if you leash him.

I just may do that, CG. I love the birds too, and have a couple of feeders for them in various places in the front and back yards - that's a tough call wanting to feed the birds, and knowing there are cats around at the same time.... :huh:

He may do OK with a little harness and leash, he's happy with pretty much anything as long as I'm around. When he was at the vets, he was all purry on the table and he didn't even seem to mind riding in the car. Weirdo. :LOL:

I used to take Sammy Davis Jr., Jr. outside on a harness and leash. He would get 2 steps onto the lawn and just lay down. After a while, he'd get up and walk another step or two, then lay down again. I think he didn't know what to make of the feeling of the cool grass.

Pretty Kitty! So what is the poodles name?

Officially, it is Teddy, but he has a few nicknames, ranging from just "Poodle," to "****** Teddy!"

When I get him groomed, I don't do the typical poodle "fu-fu" trim. He gets what they call a "lamb's cut'" which is basically one length all over.

CD

Poodles were bred to be water retrievers. They are smart and can be very cool dogs. It's not their fault when they aren't. Dogs live up (or down) to their owners' expectations.
I don't know about the rest of the world but over here they've been spoiled. We don't see very many Standard poodles as pets but the smaller varieties have been so over-bred by unscrupulous breeders that they are nothing but lap dogs, unable to do more than a toddle to the end of the street and many lines have serious physical or mental issues and they can be very nasty tempered

Very sad.

Arrived at the stables this am to find that one of Tetley's anonymous fans has left him a big bag full of swedes, carrots and apples! That horse gets more presents than me!

Arrived at the stables this am to find that one of Tetley's anonymous fans has left him a big bag full of swedes, carrots and apples! That horse gets more presents than me!

Of course he does. His name is Tetley. And the world knows how the Brits love their tea and presents. I have never even met him, and I am already in love with him.

But then I love all horses.

Look at that. Her majesty's paw has a freckle in just the right spot to be a nose on the tiny teddy bear on her foot. Here's what it looks like cropped and turned "right side up".

Attachments

• cat paw tiny teddy.png
    cat paw tiny teddy.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 87

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom