Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look at that. Her majesty's paw has a freckle in just the right spot to be a nose on the tiny teddy bear on her foot. Here's what it looks like cropped and turned "right side up".

Kewl, we've never looked at her foot like that so never noticed. That's the only "beauty spot" she has on her toes and I like to tickle that foot in particular, which she acts like it drives her up a wall, but it's funny she doesn't get up and walk away when I'm doing it.

I don't know about the rest of the world but over here they've been spoiled. We don't see very many Standard poodles as pets but the smaller varieties have been so over-bred by unscrupulous breeders that they are nothing but lap dogs, unable to do more than a toddle to the end of the street and many lines have serious physical or mental issues and they can be very nasty tempered

Very sad.

The poodles that are popular with the puppy mills are toy poodles. Teddy is the next size up, a miniature poodle -- don't ask me why "miniature." I didn't chose the name. The third size is a standard.

Teddy came from a reputable breeder. One of my neighbors and close friends is a top-level dog show judge. She was Best-in-Show judge for the 2014 Westminster Kennel Club show. She likes the way Teddy walks. He has a show-dog gate. That and three bucks will get me a cup of coffee.

CD

But then I love all horses.

I rode a horse once. That was enough. I got all the signals wrong. The horse finally gave up and took me back to his barn, and waited for me to get off his back.

He and I had a little discussion, and we agreed that I would give him treats, and pet his nose -- and he would let me do that.

CD

Her majesty has decided that I need "help" working (even though I am goofing off on here).

37240-albums1048-picture6869.jpg

Lol, med. You were "working"? On a post from Cheryl?

I understand. I have to sign confidentiality and conflict if interest documents every year at my job. I mean, so I know who wins certain reality shows a little before they are broadcast, or I can't talk about how horrible some of our on air "talent" is.

The gubmint must be even worse.

Yep, we have to do that too and we have to sit through these stupid little video tutorials and take tests afterward, and you have to pass the tests so you actually have to watch the stupid things every single freaking year.

Yep, we have to do that too and we have to sit through these stupid little video tutorials and take tests afterward, and you have to pass the tests so you actually have to watch the stupid things every single freaking year.
HIPAA, right? I remember those, and I never even had contact with patients or their information.

When I was a legal secretary for three lawyers, one paralegal, it was never discussed. I guess I just understood from day one, that I was bound by the same rules of confidentiality as those who held a license. When I left, I left behind my notes in shorthand for them to destroy as they saw fit.

A couple of years later I got a call from a Federal Prosecutor if I would be willing to come in and transcribe my notes. "Sorry, no. Those notes are protected by the same Confidentiality Laws as their lawyer." I never heard from them again. So I have to guess I had it right from the very beginning.

When I was a legal secretary for three lawyers, one paralegal, it was never discussed. I guess I just understood from day one, that I was bound by the same rules of confidentiality as those who held a license. When I left, I left behind my notes in shorthand for them to destroy as they saw fit.

A couple of years later I got a call from a Federal Prosecutor if I would be willing to come in and transcribe my notes. "Sorry, no. Those notes are protected by the same Confidentiality Laws as their lawyer." I never heard from them again. So I have to guess I had it right from the very beginning.

Lots of things have changed since your day Addie. Things have changed greatly since I first started. It's now called "cover your heinie" in everything that you do. I didn't have to sign a confidentially/nondisclosure document until about 10 years ago and it only keeps getting worse each year.

I didn't have to sign a confidentially/nondisclosure document until about 10 years ago and it only keeps getting worse each year.

I would never do this, but someone could sign such an agreement with a fictional name, and they wouldn't notice. I've heard that it has been done successfully, from a friend who knows a guy who's sister does it.

CD

I would never do this, but someone could sign such an agreement with a fictional name, and they wouldn't notice. I've heard that it has been done successfully, from a friend who knows a guy who's sister does it.

CD
I wouldn't risk it. The penalty for knowingly violating the HIPAA law varies from a fine of several thousand dollars and a year in prison to over a million dollars and up to 10 years in prison. Stupid to do that to avoid an hour or so of watching videos and taking a simple test.

I wouldn't risk it. The penalty for knowingly violating the HIPAA law varies from a fine of several thousand dollars and a year in prison to over a million dollars and up to 10 years in prison. Stupid to do that to avoid an hour or so of watching videos and taking a simple test.

The sister of the guy my friend knows is not subject to HIPAA laws. She just gets asked to sign vague and stupid confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements from time to time.

CD

The sister of the guy my friend knows is not subject to HIPAA laws. She just gets asked to sign vague and stupid confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements from time to time.

CD
That's what medtran was talking about and since you quoted her statement, well... I'm sure you can understand my confusion :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom