Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all.

We got Peppa about 1 1/2 years ago. And we got Peggy last August.

Not "my pet"....but after brunch today my brother and I went out to the animal shelter. He wanted to adopt a new kitten, or at least a young-ish one. He chose a sweet little 5-month old gray tabby. The little guy had been fixed just the day before, and had his shots. After all the necessary paperwork, we took him to his new home this afternoon. He is a sweetie. :wub::cat:

After a few hisses and a lot of sniffing :LOL:, it looks like it will be a good match with his other young rescue kitty.

Losing a critter is always tough. I think having multiple critters helps one get through it. You need to still love on the ones that need you, so it helps in the mourning process.

Thanks for the link Kayelle. That's really cool. I still don't want any cat who lives with me wandering around outdoors, considering all the risks.

Thanks for the link Kayelle. That's really cool. I still don't want any cat who lives with me wandering around outdoors, considering all the risks.

I so agree with you Taxi. My dogs and occasional cat were never allowed to
roam freely since I've never lived on a ranch or farm.

It's interesting to see how other parts of the world view city living with cats.:ohmy:
I'm sure it's too much to hope for that they are all spayed and neutered.

Last edited:
I was gone for three days and Mom was feeding and watering the wild beasts in my house. I can't find my computer mouse, they managed to turn off the ceiling lights in the bedroom by getting a hold of the pull strings on the ceiling fan. Took me a moment to figure that one out. Mom got to re-meet the kittens and Latte evaded her the whole three days. Buttercup was ecstatic to see her each day. They were totally nuts when I walked in, must of been the burgers I was carrying.

I was gone for three days and Mom was feeding and watering the wild beasts in my house. I can't find my computer mouse, they managed to turn off the ceiling lights in the bedroom by getting a hold of the pull strings on the ceiling fan. Took me a moment to figure that one out. Mom got to re-meet the kittens and Latte evaded her the whole three days. Buttercup was ecstatic to see her each day. They were totally nuts when I walked in, must of been the burgers I was carrying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5L5jiKoAJw

CD :LOL:

LOL! The fan doesn't work, but Hermoine has been checking out the the pull cords for a while. She must have figured out how to get to them while I was gone. Now she's eying the one in the living room.

Here it is Saturday morning. I thought you folks would love to hear a very happy pet story.

One of our GS leaders had a six year old daughter. Her mother bought a hamster on the spur of the moment. One day the hamster got very sick. She and her daughter took it to the vet. He had no idea what was wrong and suggested he take it home and when her daughter wasn't around, flush it down the toilet.

So home they go. In desperation, the GS leader gave the hamster a small dose of Pepto Bismol. Within an hour that dang hamster was running around his cage as if he had never been sick.

He lived for another four years in a much larger cage.

Evidently no one knows what is in that bottle. But it works wonders on hamsters.

Happy Saturday and enjoy your day.

One day the hamster got very sick. She and her daughter took it to the vet. He had no idea what was wrong and suggested he take it home and when her daughter wasn't around, flush it down the toilet.[/QUOTE]

Geeze Addie...do you actually expect anyone to believe that weird "happy pet story"? :wacko::ohmy:

Last edited:
One day the hamster got very sick. She and her daughter took it to the vet. He had no idea what was wrong and suggested he take it home and when her daughter wasn't around, flush it down the toilet.[/QUOTE]

Geeze Addie...do you actually expect anyone to believe that weird "happy pet story"? :wacko::ohmy:

If you want, I can give you more gory information. Such as the hamster vomiting on the little girls lap as they were returning home. There is other gory stuff I could add, but I thought I would tell an uplifting story. What other gory info would you need.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom