"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Our Two Boys (pictures)

I have been trying to get a picture of our two boys, Cubbie and Mr. Frodo, together for awhile, but usually when I go to get my camera Cubbie follows me out. Don't mind the dirty paw prints on the comforter (dumb dog!). Yes, that is a sore on Mr. Frodo's ear. Cubbie has been keeping it cleaned up for him. We're going to have Mr. Frodo neutered soon, so hopefully he won't get into all those cat fights anymore. Hopefully the pictures will go in right. Lately I have had some issues with it. If this doesn't work, I'll try another way.

Barbara

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 002.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	3907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 003.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	3908  

Name:	Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 004.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	3909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 005.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	3910  

Name:	Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 006.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	3911  

Old 05-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Head Chef

Barbara that is adorable!! Can everyone post their pet pictures here too?

Your puppy looks so gentle

Old 05-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks! Yes, he is pretty gentle. He does have a very loud, deep bark and growl though, if he hears a strange noise outside!

I would love to see everyone's pets posted here!

Barbara
Old 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
Head Chef

My two girls I left behind when I moved:
Felicia:

And Crystal: (caught her mid-lick)
Old 05-02-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Cubbie is really looking good Barbara!

I posted pics of my poochies before, but don't know that I've ever put up a pic of Nova, my cat. This was about 8-9 years ago. He's 13 now, but looks the same. Still likes to lay where it's warm He's on the arm of the couch as I type this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nova on aquarium.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	3921  
Old 05-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
here's miss Sheba:

she's been with me through 3 houses, 2 degrees, 3 loves, and 12 years. obviously, she's coming along in her age, but the meds i've got her on are doing wonders for the arthritis. i'll miss her so much when she's gone, but she deserves her rest.

Saphellae, your kitty friends are so charming! what happened when you moved that you had to leave them behind?

pacanis, ya gotta love that look Nova's sporting there that's all "yeah, i own the place, what of it?"
Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Oh my gosh, all of your babies are so adorable!

Barbara
Old 05-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweaver View Post
here's miss Sheba:

she's been with me through 3 houses, 2 degrees, 3 loves, and 12 years. obviously, she's coming along in her age, but the meds i've got her on are doing wonders for the arthritis. i'll miss her so much when she's gone, but she deserves her rest.
I'm in love!!!!

Sheba looks just like a collie I had when I was a child. Lassie. Original name, huh? I loved her dearly. Unfortunately, a neighbor down the road from us poisoned her. I don't think I'd ever seen my daddy that angry.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

What kind of arthritus meds do you have miss Sheba on, fireweaver? I like to keep up on what works well for people....
Sheltie?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
Katie, that EXACT thing happened to me as a child. some jerk was peeved about new deed restrictions and went around poisoning the neighborhood dogs. i remember being about 3 or 4 and my mother having to explain to me that some people are sick in their minds instead of their bodies. her name was Sheba.

flash forward about 15+ years, and i'm in the animal shelter, having a look-see because we've moved out of the dorm and into a house with a yard. there's a little sheltie, 3 cream-colored pups with her that she can't get a breather from. so i take her out to the exercise yard (i'd volunteered there before) to let her roam. she walked away a couple of steps, U-turned, and hopped right in my lap. it was all over, girl was going home with me. and the name on her card was the same as the dog that was taken from me when i was a wee one.

pacanis, i'm a vet, so it's pretty easy for me to obtain things to try out, and to be able to judge how well they're working. when the arthritis *first* showed up, cosequin (a glucosamine/chondroitin joint supplement) worked quite well for a year or so. then, things got worse, and i added meloxicam (brand name is metacam), which is a really top-notch NSAID (the class of drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen). i swear that stuff does amazing things, i've seen it cover some pretty significant post-op pain no trouble. it's done wonders for about 2 years now, but it's time to move up again. this last week, i added tramodol, which is a medium-weight opioid drug (same class as morphine, but not as powerful, doesn't make her sleepy). definite results so far, but not the same magic turn-around as the meloxicam originally produced.

that's the best pic i ever took of her, shot in the back yard about a year ago. she looks all noble there.