Our Two Boys (pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I have been trying to get a picture of our two boys, Cubbie and Mr. Frodo, together for awhile, but usually when I go to get my camera Cubbie follows me out. Don't mind the dirty paw prints on the comforter (dumb dog!). Yes, that is a sore on Mr. Frodo's ear. Cubbie has been keeping it cleaned up for him. We're going to have Mr. Frodo neutered soon, so hopefully he won't get into all those cat fights anymore. Hopefully the pictures will go in right. Lately I have had some issues with it. If this doesn't work, I'll try another way. :cool:

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 002.jpg
    Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 002.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 003.jpg
    Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 003.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 004.jpg
    Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 004.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 167
  • Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 005.jpg
    Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 005.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 167
  • Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 006.jpg
    Cubbie and Mr. Frodo 5-2-08 006.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 177
Thanks! Yes, he is pretty gentle. He does have a very loud, deep bark and growl though, if he hears a strange noise outside!

I would love to see everyone's pets posted here!

:)Barbara

Cubbie is really looking good Barbara!

I posted pics of my poochies before, but don't know that I've ever put up a pic of Nova, my cat. This was about 8-9 years ago. He's 13 now, but looks the same. Still likes to lay where it's warm :) He's on the arm of the couch as I type this.

Attachments

• Nova on aquarium.jpg
    Nova on aquarium.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 164
here's miss Sheba:

she's been with me through 3 houses, 2 degrees, 3 loves, and 12 years. obviously, she's coming along in her age, but the meds i've got her on are doing wonders for the arthritis. i'll miss her so much when she's gone, but she deserves her rest.

Saphellae, your kitty friends are so charming! what happened when you moved that you had to leave them behind?

pacanis, ya gotta love that look Nova's sporting there that's all "yeah, i own the place, what of it?"

here's miss Sheba:

she's been with me through 3 houses, 2 degrees, 3 loves, and 12 years. obviously, she's coming along in her age, but the meds i've got her on are doing wonders for the arthritis. i'll miss her so much when she's gone, but she deserves her rest.

I'm in love!!!!

Sheba looks just like a collie I had when I was a child. Lassie. Original name, huh? I loved her dearly. Unfortunately, a neighbor down the road from us poisoned her. I don't think I'd ever seen my daddy that angry.

What kind of arthritus meds do you have miss Sheba on, fireweaver? I like to keep up on what works well for people....
Sheltie?

Katie, that EXACT thing happened to me as a child. some jerk was peeved about new deed restrictions and went around poisoning the neighborhood dogs. i remember being about 3 or 4 and my mother having to explain to me that some people are sick in their minds instead of their bodies. her name was Sheba.

flash forward about 15+ years, and i'm in the animal shelter, having a look-see because we've moved out of the dorm and into a house with a yard. there's a little sheltie, 3 cream-colored pups with her that she can't get a breather from. so i take her out to the exercise yard (i'd volunteered there before) to let her roam. she walked away a couple of steps, U-turned, and hopped right in my lap. it was all over, girl was going home with me. and the name on her card was the same as the dog that was taken from me when i was a wee one.

pacanis, i'm a vet, so it's pretty easy for me to obtain things to try out, and to be able to judge how well they're working. when the arthritis *first* showed up, cosequin (a glucosamine/chondroitin joint supplement) worked quite well for a year or so. then, things got worse, and i added meloxicam (brand name is metacam), which is a really top-notch NSAID (the class of drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen). i swear that stuff does amazing things, i've seen it cover some pretty significant post-op pain no trouble. it's done wonders for about 2 years now, but it's time to move up again. this last week, i added tramodol, which is a medium-weight opioid drug (same class as morphine, but not as powerful, doesn't make her sleepy). definite results so far, but not the same magic turn-around as the meloxicam originally produced.

that's the best pic i ever took of her, shot in the back yard about a year ago. she looks all noble there.

Thanks fireweaver.
I'm taking care of a 13 yr old Lab right now who has been on Metacam and a gluco suplement (Liquid Health Level 5000) for a year now and she is more spry than she was 5 years ago. That Metacam is definitely some amazing stuff.

Here are mine in order of when we had them. Don't have a picture of our Cocker Spaniel Hamlet, which we got at the same time as Ophelia the Springer Spaniel. They were supposed to be a pair, but Hamlet got ran over by a Taxi.
Airy, Ophelia, Lassie, Princess:

Attachments

• Picture 138.jpg
    Picture 138.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 151
  • ChiefWhapelloDays 012.jpg
    ChiefWhapelloDays 012.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Lassie.jpg
    Lassie.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 150
  • KatiesBDay 049.jpg
    KatiesBDay 049.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 144
I LOVE furbaby photos!!! Such a darling pair Barbara L!!!

Saphellae.. cute kitties!!! Beautiful coloring!

Pacanis... love the kitty stretched out on the fish tank!!!! I love fish and have 4 tanks!!! I want to see pics!!!!

Fireweaver.... you got fish???? I love cichlids! And I love that photo of Sheba!!!!!! Looks soooo soft!

Here is my boy that passed.... Buster

img_598913_0_12e0251c202835606d68bfb5d68739aa.jpg

A more recent pic of Binky-cat...

img_598913_1_1948aee95fb8ef7b779495997d9f1414.jpg

He is an aspiring writer...

img_598913_2_a35b8ad03221047476ea9cd945697e06.jpg

And Boots... my fire dog!

img_598913_3_3cd5776fa3b704c006014ae5800cb689.jpg

thanks, Sattie. i do indeed have some fish: angels and platys and corys in the big tank, mollies in the little tank at work. not too many pics of those guys, though, they swim around too fast to be photogenic most of the time!

I am really loving Binky-cat, cute little guy!

I am worried about Princess now. When we first got her there was a lot of jealousy between her and Lassie for attention from me. That has settled down and each has thier place and are happy.
But, lately Princess has taken to growling at the kids if they try and pick her up when she is next to me. Not a problem any other time. Also, she has taken to acting 'unloved' and 'hurt' when around me demanding constant loving and attention. I don't get it, we got her from a family that spoiled her, and our biggest problem was getting her off 'human' food. They apparently fed her a lot of that, which is not good for the dog.
It feels like she has bonded with me to the point that she is developing seperation anxiety leading to severe jealousy, etc.

EDIT: I am still looking for the photo of Ophelia (the English Springer Spaniel), with her head stuck in an ice cream tub. If I can find it I will scan it in and post it.

Great photos of the furry loved ones! I posted my girls photo in the family thread just now, so here's another one! My Raisin doggy.. passed out on her favorite scooby doo blankey.

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 154
Everyone has such adorable babies!

This is my baby, Maya

Attachments

• maya01.jpg
    maya01.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 109
  • maya02.jpg
    maya02.jpg