Our weekend adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Our weekend adventure, Paul got a BEAR!!!!!

Well, it's finally happened. My husband is a HUNTER!!!

He shot a BEAR this weekend!!!!! A big heavy one!!

I am so proud of him!!

I'm going to try to post some photos in the photo section.
Tried to here but...they were too big.

Wow! My hubby is a hunter man!:)

Last edited:
have you posted them yet i didn't see them?

what are you going to do with it? do you eat bear?

we were in canada about two months ago fishing the camp
we were at had a bear problem. they actually shot one when
we were there, and another bear almost joined everyone in the dining
room for diner one night. it was pretty cool.

I haven't posted... sadly... they are too big ( I'm out of room in my account)
I'll have to see if there is some way of down sizing them.

We are going to eat the meat... Paul wouldn't shoot something that we weren't going to eat. There's just something wrong with that.

Also... the pelt will be come a rug.

It was a long hard day and our bodies hurt like heck today but... it was worth it!

Bears = scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A friend of mine chased her dog who was chasing a 450 lb. bear at about 2:00 in the morning. NOT ME!!!!!! I wouldn't have opened the door for the dog to get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have been sitting in the closet with a blanket, pillow, my dog, and a bottle (or 3) of wine - and well, maybe a gun but at least a broom with a REALLY long handle :neutral:

Congratulations Paul and pdswife! I hope you can find a way to post the pictures, I would love to see them! What does bear meat taste like? Again, congrats and enjoy that rug!

Well I must certainly say that your hubby is a hunter. You must let me know how the bear meat tastes? It would seem quite hard to skin the bear but please let me know how it goes.

Have a very Happy Monday

Jill and Jolie

OH shpj4, it was hard to skin the bear! It took hours and hours! We'd never done it before though...so maybe next time it will be easier.

As for the taste... I'm not sure
I remember having it as a child...but that's been a long long time.
I'll have to let ya all know.

Thanks everyone for the congrats!

Thanks for the link KE... The site doesn't seem to be working right now..so the photo down sizing will have to wait.

I'll try again tonight after dinner.

Mr. Bear is now at the butchers and his skin is at the taxidermists.
Now that was an interesting place. You should have seen all the animals.

Very cool! Deer, cougar, bear, foxes, worthogs and many many others. It's really a form of art.

We ate the heart last night. It was really good but, it tasted just like beef. Nothing really special about it. It'll be three weeks or a month before we get the meat back from the butcher, then I'll be begging the rest of you hunters for recipes and ideas.

I learn something new from this forum every day. Now I know that you can eat bear.:ohmy:

Well... we are not sure but...we weighed it at the butcher after gutting and skinning and it was 93 pounds so we are guessing between 150 and 200 pounds.

It felt much heavier though pulling it through all the blueberry and huckleberry bushes. : )

I'm sorry Fryboy... they make me a little sad too... but mostly
they make me hungry.

wasabi said:
I learn something new from this forum every day. Now I know that you can eat bear.:ohmy:

Yep!
Can't wait to try it.
We ordered a few roasts and chops
but mostly sausages and jerky. :)

I have to agree. My dad hunted wild pigs in his younger days and I always hated it when he came home with a dead pig across the hood of his jeep. I love animals, but I still eat meat............:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom