Out of touch - power outages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
I have been missing my DC friends because I have had very limited computer access the last week or so. Lots of spectacular storms (this is our rainy season) and very sporadic power. A transformer just up the street from us was hit by lightning...quite a fireworks show, and it took awhile to restore our power. Whenever there is a storm, we have pretty significant power surges that will blow up sensitive electronics (yes, we have a voltage regulator and surge protectors, but they don't always help) and so we try to stay offline during those times. I'll try to get caught up....I have been missing you all.

Glad you are okay. There was a tornado last Wed. , in towns 20 min. away from where I live.

stay safe!! DC will still be here waiting for you to come back!!

Glad you are back on-line Karen. I know about those outages. In fact, as flimsy as our power grid is, I just shutdown every thing but a light and read my Ebooks on my Ebook reader until the storm(s) have passed.

Bob

Good to hear from you Karen. Stay safe and visit when you can.
kades

Hope you are well. Living in hurricane, thunder, and lightening lands, I've done without electricity often for days and even weeks at a time. Hope all is well with you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom