Outer Banks, Here We Come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi gang -

Just wanted y'all to know we are taking off next Sunday for a week on the Outer Banks, so I won't be around much for awhile after this week.

Still interested in hearing about good places to eat while we are down there, if anyone has any info.

Hiya Sizz (btw, how's the house-hunting going?)

The Outer Banks is a long stretch of sand off the coast of North Carolina (think Kitty Hawk and the Wright brothers).

I know you will have a great time. We camped at the Emerald Isle on the Outer Banks once..further South than where you will be. An old feller at that time (about 20 years ago..we wern't in that class at that time..LOL) asked Paul "why is your trailer sweating?? " Water was running down out of the gutters..The A/C was on and it was pulling the humidity out..LOL

Sounds fun Mud! The house hunting is at a stand still unfort. Nothing new on the market and still can't get in to see about those 2 houses we're interested in yet. Suppose to hear today or tomorrow about a duplex for rent.......if this other couple doesn't want to commit to a 1 year lease he's going to go ahead and rent it to us on a month to month basis (no lease), however, he wants a 2 months notice which will not be a problem. Heck by the time we would close on a house and get it to where we're ready to move in that would take care of the 2 months. Thanks for asking though.

We're planning our family vacation and I think we've decided on a road trip from Indiana all the way to Florida and up the coast on into the West Virginia and back home. I think we'll be able to go to 9 or 10 different states and be able to stop in each and enjoy some of the attractions. I just have to be sure we have at least 2 days in Florida for the kids. I just want to see the mountains and ocean mainly and to walk on the beach.

Have a safe trip!

Mud you could go as far south as Calabash North Carolina they have great cheap dolphin tours and things like that did I here Parasailing they have that too!
If you go to Little River, South Carolina they have Gambling Boats that go out 2 to 3 times a day and if you don't gamble much they have deals were it is either free or just ten dollars and it is kind of fun they are out for 5 hours at a time ! They go out about 20 miles off shore! Stop and fill up at Scotsman gas station in Calabash and ask them about free tickets, they may give you two tickets to go on the Dolphin Trip for free like they did Barbara and I last summer. :)
Have a Great time !

Back
Top Bottom