Overdone Wedding Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
In addition to Pachelbel Canon, what else are you sick of hearing at weddings?

(weddings)
We've Only Just Begun
Wind Beneath My Wings

(and then there's the dreadful reception music)

Much as I love Bryan Adams, Everything I do, I do it for you.
That Sheriff song, When I'm with you.

OK, I think I just dated myself. Heeheehee!

oh god, where to start....

butterfly kisses
electric slide
the way you look tonight
cha cha now yall

I know there are alot I could contribute, those are just the first that come to mind. We do 4 weddings a week minimum, we hear it all, too much!

I want to hear "Love Bites" at a wedding as a warning as to what they may be facing. I am an optimist but hey, many just get married for the heck of it. Not a thing to take lightly, IMO.

"Good Ridance (Time of your Life)" by Greenday. Thats been on at every wedding I've been to since it came out. Thats at least six weddings I can think of. Plus, I heared somewhere else its the number one song played at weddings (besides that one they always have where they walk down the isle.

LOL i remember when i picked music for my wedding i went through sites that had the most OVER PLAYED music.. heres a few

Ive had the time of my lifeeeee
Bon Jovi- Always
Dont want to miss a thing
Amazed
ANY celine dion

I could go on.. it took us 3 hours to select music lol but i remember all the important songs.. we picked unusal ones for Mother and Son Father n Daughter and our first dance :)

I used to sing at weddings. (not the reception) One I did that "laid'em in the aisles" was Sunrise Sunset, from Fiddler on the Roof. And the Lord's Prayer was always a big hit.
When my husband and I got married, we had The Rose sung...it was a very special song for us. We had both been married twice before, and waited a long time for happiness.
I haven't been to a wedding in quite a while. I guess my youngest daughter's is the last one I went to. She had Motley Crue and Metallica tapes played at hers.

The first dance song at my wedding was "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden. Not overplayed at all. At least not in 2000!

My husband's jazz band used to do a lot of wedding receptions. Urgh. We would go to the bride's mothers house with all our Real Books and my husband's mind, which is like a library of jazz, and still, the same old set lists over and over and over and over.....its one of tje reasons we stopped fulltime music and know only do it for the love of the thing...its no fun unless its fun, if you know what I mean!

We had our music all picked out partly on the basis we loved it and partly because we knew our friends, most of whom were also jobbing musicians at the time, would also enjoy it! In the end we eloped and didn't have our playlist at all, but it was wonderful chosing it.

TATTRAT said:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:How did I forget that one!

I think the Macarena has been replaced with the Cha Cha slide! I like the Cha Cha one better. I'm sure you hear them ALL the time though with your events though, huh?

Ahem - my first wedding in church had the cliche music. Here Comes the Sun for when I came down the aisle, then Sunrise Sunset, then the inevitable Peter Paul and Mary tune The Wedding Song (very popular in some circles in the early 70s).

My second wedding was much smaller, but two friends played and sang, and dang if I can remember what the tune(s?) were. I'll have to go to the tape to find out (don't tell HH I forgot......) I do remember that a bug flew into Claudia's mouth while she was singing, but I never knew until afterwards. What a trooper. Oh yeah, and MIL's dog (we got married in her family room) sang along.

mudbug said:
the inevitable Peter Paul and Mary tune The Wedding Song (very popular in some circles in the early 70s).

That's it!! I've been waiting for someone to name it, couldn't remember the song even though i've been singing it in my head, thought it was by Peter, Paul and Mary, is this the one with a single guitar, single singer, simple melody, refrain, maybe, There is love....starts with a woman leaves her??(family) and a man....

I heard that song waaaaaay toooo many times!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, really pretty song, beth, ruined by too many performances at weddings (including one of mine).

It's "a man leaves his mother, and a woman leaves her home", I think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom