Overrated Celebrities!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ever wonder why the media is making a HUGE deal about a celebrity?
I know I have.... many times! :huh:

Whether its their looks, talent or something else....
What celebrity do YOU think is overrated?
OH! And please tell us why you think so. :)

FryBoy said:
Wouldn't it be easier to ask which ones AREN'T overrated?

I agree. IMHO, any actor that is not multi-facited (sp?) is overrated.

An example of my definition of multi-facited is Robin Williams. Does voice over, does comedy, does stand up, yet can do serious roles (Patch Adams comes to mind). Not saying those are the only categories to be considered multi-facited, but it's a good example. Denzel Washington is another example.

While there are good actors with niches, I admire those with multi-facited abilities.

I totally agree about Angelina Jolie and in my opinion, most actors in the past 20 yrs are overrated. Being a TV buff, I think that many of the TV stars are a heck of alot better than the big screen people.

And when I think of multifaceted, I think of Johnny Depp...my fave contemporary actor:)

Corinne said:
Gotta agree - Paris Hilton & her sister & that whole Brat Pack. What have any of them done? Paris is famous for being famous - nothing more than that.

I read she gets paid 6 digit-sums to attend parties for the media attention she commands. Also, she's now into singing! I just saw her music video on VH1!:w00t2:

I don't think you have to be multi-faceted, necessarily, to be worthwhile. If you do your one thing very well, I'll consider you an excellent performer. Transversely, if you do 10 things with mediocrity, I will think you are overrated. If you can do it all very well, that's certainly impressive.

BC

Agree on Paris Hilton.... I am so tired of seeing her. And not to mention the stupid craze she created for Chihuahuas.

Back
Top Bottom