Packing for Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dawgluver said:
:LOL: We were following BIL by car into a remote area of TN, and his Tom-Tom disagreed with our Nuvi. And no cellphone service. Wished we'd had a real map!

Yeah, it is funny...a real map still works really well. That is if you know how to read it. ;)

on most trips we just bring our smartphones instead of our laptops. We also use one for GPS navigation (Android has turn by turn navigation included using google maps).
Same here. These little devices are absolutely amazing. Since I got my latest smartphone (a Droid Razr Maxx), it serves as our GPS, camera, music player, and email thingy whenever we go on trips. Oh, and it's also a phone, lol.

Sometimes I bring along the laptop and "old school" camera, too. Depends on where we're going and how long we'll be there.

Steve Kroll said:
Same here. These little devices are absolutely amazing. Since I got my latest smartphone (a Droid Razr Maxx), it serves as our GPS, camera, music player, and email thingy whenever we go on trips. Oh, and it's also a phone, lol.

Sometimes I bring along the laptop and "old school" camera, too. Depends on where we're going and how long we'll be there.
I've been using my phone more and more for pictures. If I'm going somewhere special and scenic, I'll bring my dslr, but the phone takes such good pictures that I decided against buying a new point and shoot, if this phone's pictures are this good, I can only imagine how good future phones will be.

bakechef said:
I've been using my phone more and more for pictures. If I'm going somewhere special and scenic, I'll bring my dslr, but the phone takes such good pictures that I decided against buying a new point and shoot, if this phone's pictures are this good, I can only imagine how good future phones will be.

+1

I bring my underwater camera for snorkeling, but I may not have to anymore. There're waterproof cases for the iPhone!

Simple, I have no cell coverage...I don't have a cell phone. If I want someone to get a hold of me, I answer the landline.

Anytime we need the tracphone (emergency only for out of town trips), I always have to remember where I stashed it last.

+1

I carry my Track Phone for my own use If I need it, but thankfully, that's been rare.
Nobody has my cell phone number, and if they need me, they can leave a message on my land line at home. I guess I'm just not all that important to be at someone's "beck and call" 24/7 when I enjoy not being on the radar.
Geeze, life used to be so simple.

+1

I carry my Track Phone for my own use If I need it, but thankfully, that's been rare.
Nobody has my cell phone number, and if they need me, they can leave a message on my land line at home. I guess I'm just not all that important to be at someone's "beck and call" 24/7 when I enjoy not being on the radar.
Geeze, life used to be so simple.

I, too, have a TracFone. It is cheaper for me to make outgoing long distance calls on it (than on my land line), but I do tell people not to use that # to call me, because the phone will be somewhere in the bottom of my bag and I never get to it on time. AND I don't know how to retrieve voice mail! I bought it for travel, and then I keep it near so I can answer it. It is mostly for emergencies.

Andy, May you and SO have a great time. No yaking about cell phones and all that other junk I don't even know the names of. Just have a wonderful time and I'd forget that bag with all the junk init and say Oh Im sorry I thought you had it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
cj

People have my cell number but when my phone rings it's usually a wrong number call.
I'm not a phone user and I use AT&T prepaid, no smartphone. I carry separate wi-fi only smartdevices instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom