Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol.

I had no idea what you meat about painted. That is so cool!

I thought they looked more like a kids' project, sort of abstract at best. drizzled or brushed with paints.

Lol.

I had no idea what you meat about painted. That is so cool!

I thought they looked more like a kids' project, sort of abstract at best. drizzled or brushed with paints.

Thanks, Bucky. It's anything from little kid's art to adults who are really talented, and everything in between. Businesses here are into it, offering free services to whomever finds their painted rock with their advertisement and brings it in, such as hair salons or automotive places. It's a way to get people out and about and off their devices, and it's working.

Last edited:
Did they say "Chuck's Bail Bonds" on them?

That would be a clever marketing idea. :LOL:

CD
I don't really remember, but I do know they didn't say that! :LOL: Actually, I vaguely remember one having the good, old-fashioned peace sign on it.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg

Kay and kgirl asked to see some pics of rocks my grands and I painted, so here's a few! :LOL:

This was pretty much a test of my new acrylic paint pens, so I could get a feel for how they work :)

Rock heart.jpg

My granddaughter took this pic of my ladybug before I had the chance to clean up the rough edges around her eyes and give her some much needed pupils. :LOL:

Rock ladybug.jpg

Tyler painted this minion. I love it! :)

Rock minion.jpg

My granddaughter Samantha painted this for her Angels fan dad. :)

rock baseball.jpg

Halloween is coming so thought I'd do this guy :LOL:
rock pumpkin.jpg

Kay and kgirl asked to see some pics of rocks my grands and I painted, so here's a few! [emoji38]

This was pretty much a test of my new acrylic paint pens, so I could get a feel for how they work [emoji2]

View attachment 31314

My granddaughter took this pic of my ladybug before I had the chance to clean up the rough edges around her eyes and give her some much needed pupils. [emoji38]

View attachment 31315

Tyler painted this minion. I love it! [emoji2]

View attachment 31316

My granddaughter Samantha painted this for her Angels fan dad. [emoji2]

View attachment 31317

Halloween is coming so thought I'd do this guy [emoji38]
View attachment 31318
Aw, Cheryl, they're wonderful! Your grands must have a great time painting rocks with you. My grandma owned a ceramic store, so sometimes when we visited her, we painted little ceramic objects. So much fun [emoji813]

Kay and kgirl asked to see some pics of rocks my grands and I painted, so here's a few! :LOL:

This was pretty much a test of my new acrylic paint pens, so I could get a feel for how they work :)

View attachment 31314

My granddaughter took this pic of my ladybug before I had the chance to clean up the rough edges around her eyes and give her some much needed pupils. :LOL:

View attachment 31315

Tyler painted this minion. I love it! :)

View attachment 31316

My granddaughter Samantha painted this for her Angels fan dad. :)

View attachment 31317

Halloween is coming so thought I'd do this guy :LOL:
View attachment 31318

Cheryl, that is simply precious!
I wish I could start something like that here in our new place, but I met resistance previously, maybe I could try again...

Thank you, ladies! GG....yes, it was lots of fun for all of us! I would have been in heaven had a family member owned a ceramics store when I was a kid...or even an adult. :)

kgirl...one of the perks of living alone...I get to do what I want! LOL

Last edited:
I love them Cheryl!! You've inspired me and I might just try it. Now tell me about those "acrylic paint pens". I'm not good with a paint brush, but pens sound doable. :cool:

Very nice, Cheryl... Looks like fun with the little ones.. :)

Those acrylic pens look interesting.. Is the paint nice and thick?

I have an aluminum butterfly which I sprayed white to color in a Mexican theme but, my daughters acrylics were just too thin for my liking.. The pens would be extra nice if thick enough.. Maybe I could stay between the lines.. ;)

Ross

Attachments

• Butterfly.jpg
    Butterfly.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 262
Those rocks came out really nice, Cheryl! I especially like the fact that you went against the grain and painted the heart opposite to the natural shape of the rock. Rebel! :D

:LOL: Good point, CG! I didn't really care about the shape at the time - I was just playing around with colors and kept on adding to it. Speaking of hearts, my granddaughter found this one to paint a heart for her mom. :heart: Pretty cool find!

Attachments

• rock heart1.jpg
    rock heart1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 163
Thanks for the link, Bliss! Kay and Ross, the ones in the link Bliss posted are pretty much what I've been using, just a different brand that they happen to have here at Joann's craft store in town. And only for detail work - I use a regular brush for the background color of the rock.

Very nice, Cheryl... Looks like fun with the little ones.. :)

Those acrylic pens look interesting.. Is the paint nice and thick?

I have an aluminum butterfly which I sprayed white to color in a Mexican theme but, my daughters acrylics were just too thin for my liking.. The pens would be extra nice if thick enough.. Maybe I could stay between the lines.. ;)

Ross

Ross, that butterfly looks like such a fun craft! I haven't had any trouble with the paint from the acrylic pens being too thin. As both you and Kay mentioned, it would be a lot easier to manage than with a brush.

They're like little miniature cans of spray paint - there's a ball inside and they have to be shaken up before use.

I also have a few Sharpies, but they are oil based so I kept them away from the kids when they were painting. :ermm::LOL: They're different than the regular Sharpies you can buy anywhere, these are also like tiny spray paint cans that you have to shake up. Maybe oil based would be better for your butterfly craft...?
https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie-Oil-...=8-3&keywords=sharpie+oil+based+paint+markers

They have a bunch more colors than what's shown.

Last edited:
Okay Cheryl... now you've got me hooked!

I showed this to DH and said that I'd like to try a new hobby...
I remembered that back when there were "friendship rocks",
this is just about the same but just up another level.

I'm not super artistic (my Mom is) but I think I can
make some cute ones.

I'll post what I come up with... it may take me a bit
to get this off the ground, but ... :cool:

Hmmm, so that what all these ladies have been
doing walkin' around in the wash! There pickin' up rocks for FREE!!!

What a neat thing to do, Cheryl. I wish people around here would do something like that. Like a year 'round Easter egg hunt.

Unfortunately, after we moved into our new house, we found out that having a large rock painted white in front of your house means that you belong to one of the swingers clubs in the area. Another telltale sign is a red front door. We don't have any painted rocks, but guess what door I'll be painting black this fall.
You ARE having us on, aren't you, Bucky?

Last edited:
Since I have neuropathy in my feet and can't walk around the neighborhood with DH like we used to (I really miss that :(), he collected these painted rocks for me. I know, I shouldn't keep them, but they make me happy and that's the objective, right? ;)

Anyway, Cheryl, you might find some inspiration here.
0902181921a.jpg

Thanks for the pic, GG! So sorry to hear it's difficult for you to get out and about. :( I love the honeybee, that is such a good idea! As far as keeping them, I know around here it's the finder's choice whether to keep or re-hide. Many folks keep and add them to a little rock garden. :heart:

kgirl...I'm not artistic either (but my daughter and SIL are), and it really doesn't seem to matter - I've seen rocks that little kids have painted and people love them all the same. I hear ya on seeing people look around the desert for rocks :LOL:, I have a place in my backyard with rocks as a ground cover underneath the oleanders, so it's easy to grab some. If you decide to get into it, happy rocking! :LOL:

Thanks for the pic, GG! So sorry to hear it's difficult for you to get out and about. :( I love the honeybee, that is such a good idea! As far as keeping them, I know around here it's the finder's choice whether to keep or re-hide. Many folks keep and add them to a little rock garden. :heart:

kgirl...I'm not artistic either (but my daughter and SIL are), and it really doesn't seem to matter - I've seen rocks that little kids have painted and people love them all the same. I hear ya on seeing people look around the desert for rocks :LOL:, I have a place in my backyard with rocks as a ground cover underneath the oleanders, so it's easy to grab some. If you decide to get into it, happy rocking! :LOL:

002.jpg

Cheryl, I'M IN!!!

:w00t:

YAY, Kgirl! :punk: I know you'll have fun with it! I need to get my paints and rocks out and paint a few more this weekend. :)

Back
Top Bottom