Painted rocks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Addie, it is a really great idea.

Although, keeping rocks in my car is too tempting considering my daily commute...

Unless I paint slogans on them like, "You should take the bus", or, "Put your phone down and drive".

Maybe the number of a good auto glass guy. Hey, there's an idea. Situational advertising.

I had one in my pocket the other day and some yahoo almost rear-ended me whilst texting ... I was tempted, let me tell you buddy!!! :LOL:

DSC00600.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00602.jpg
(Dang it! I forgot to keep the camera horizontal, dang it!)

DSC00603.jpg

Some more #PaintedRocks

DH doesn't want me to "give away"
the Superman Rocks, I think it's so cool
that AND WonderWoman !!

Hmmmm... That could become a cottage industry for retired folk.. Advertise local diner, insurance agent, political candidate..;)

Ross

Several of the businesses here hide painted rocks with their advertising on them. :) 50% off a cut and style at a hair salon, half off lunch at so-and-so restaurant, etc. :cool:

View attachment 31781

View attachment 31782

View attachment 31783
(Dang it! I forgot to keep the camera horizontal, dang it!)

View attachment 31784

Some more #PaintedRocks

DH doesn't want me to "give away"
the Superman Rocks, I think it's so cool
that AND WonderWoman !!

Very cool, kgirl! I love them! I have a few that will be hid tomorrow - I need to get pics of them and post them here. LOL. I also have a musical note rock, inspired by my daughters who love musical notes on anything. :)

We had the same thoughts with 'ghosty boo' rocks, kgirl! Here's one of mine. LOL

Attachments

• rock - boo.jpg
    rock - boo.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 125
Do you have to bring the rock?

Yes. :LOL: If you find it and bring it in, you get the discount. Or better yet, it can be donated back to someone who needs the discount or freebie. The idea is to promote small business, help folks, get people and families out walking, and have fun all at the same time. :)

Do bigger rocks mean bigger discounts?

What if I bring a painted boulder?

How do they know you didn't paint the rock coupon yourself?

Forget the teeny billboard business Ross and I were crowdfunding...

Do bigger rocks mean bigger discounts?

What if I bring a painted boulder?

How do they know you didn't paint the rock coupon yourself?

Forget the teeny billboard business Ross and I were crowdfunding...

LOL. :LOL: If you don't like this thread Bucky, feel free to ignore, or hightail it out of DC like you've done before. Sheesh....

Last edited:
I'm only kidding around, Cheryl. I thought you knew that.

My apologies.

No apologies necessary from you, Bucky. I was way off base with my rude comment, and I truly apologize for that. I'm quite ashamed of myself. :cry: Please forgive me.

Ah, no problem, Cheryl.

I've heard that people speak out of turn once in a while. Never me, though, but people.
;)

....has anyone else's community been into this? :)

Every now and then when I go to the bank, the grocery store, the park, or some other small business in town, I find a beautifully painted rock that someone has randomly placed for another to person to find. I always re-hide them for someone else. Love it! :):LOL:

Cheryl. I visited someone and wanted to do more than take a constitutional walk with her that night. I wanted to send off a balloon with a small blinking light attached and something written. Where it would end up, we wouldn't know. A message in a bottle type thing.

"A light shines that you may find it"

"A light shines that it may find you."

I couldn't decide.

Last edited:
Cheryl, geniuses think alike ... I like your ghosts WAY better than mine!

Here's what I found out ...

003.jpg

... you can buy a HUGE bag of really nice river rocks
(or any of the other types of nice rocks they have)
at Home Depot for half price
IF
the bag is open!
Tell the nice person in the garden department
that you really didn't want quit so much rocks,
you're just doing a small project
(and you aren't really telling a fib, right?)
then point out the open bag that's not as full as the others and say
"Oh could I get that bag for half off?"
Why sure maam/mister, we can't sell that bag anyways...
SCOOOOOOORE!!!

:LOL:

I could barely lift this bag of river rocks... I'm set for life, well maybe :ROFLMAO:

I got this bag for $4.99, on Amazon they wanted that much or more for something like 8-10 rocks!!!

Last edited:
Cheryl. I visited someone and wanted to do more than take a constitutional walk with her that night. I wanted to send off a balloon with a small blinking light attached and something written. Where it would end up, we wouldn't know. A message in a bottle type thing.

"A light shines that you may find it"

"A light shines that it may find you."

I couldn't decide.

It would end up in a turtle, or in the millions of cubic feet of plastic floating in the ocean.

Please don't do that.

It would end up in a turtle, or in the millions of cubic feet of plastic floating in the ocean.

Please don't do that.

It wasn't like I was trying to break the record held by DisneyLand for the most balloons ever launched, like in 1985, by some USA city.

A storm front came in that day and most balloons came crashing down. Epic fail. 1985.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom