Panama trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@Alix: Panama, as in south of Costa Rica not Florida

Thanks for sharing ur photos with us here at D.C.

I had studied my Spanish Dele many years ago in Panama, prior to the globalisation and Multi National movement to Panama especially ... I loved Panama and I recall exploring the market daily catch of fish for $5.00 a kilo !

I am pleased to see that you have had a wonderful time.
Margi. Cintrano.

Last edited:
I love the serene pictures of the water with the mist rising!

I always wonder where the people that live in these places go when they feel the need to escape from the daily grind. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Have a great time and please keep us posted!

The first pix of our trip to Panama. These are at 630am at high tide. I'll post more as I go along. I hope! We have to find the cord to plug in the camera. These were done with my webcam.

img_1122125_0_8d0d6f0a3ad9134824590f09e8219c5e.jpg

img_1122125_1_3d8bca585aaae47036e0121fe07b3fa1.jpg

img_1122125_2_01379e1c51bf79fe225653b57ad1f2fa.jpg

a large expanse of water like that always makes me feel peaceful and insignificant all at the same time. enjoy your tropical holiday, alix....:cool:

The first pix of our trip to Panama. These are at 630am at high tide. I'll post more as I go along. I hope! We have to find the cord to plug in the camera. These were done with my webcam.

img_1122266_0_8d0d6f0a3ad9134824590f09e8219c5e.jpg

img_1122266_1_3d8bca585aaae47036e0121fe07b3fa1.jpg

img_1122266_2_01379e1c51bf79fe225653b57ad1f2fa.jpg
Wait a minute--did you unpack ALL your luggage? I could've sworn I assumed a very uncomfortable yoga position and was a stowaway...did one of your pieces of luggage get lost? Help!!! I'm trapped s/where between AB and Panama!

Wait a minute--did you unpack ALL your luggage? I could've sworn I assumed a very uncomfortable yoga position and was a stowaway...did one of your pieces of luggage get lost? Help!!! I'm trapped s/where between AB and Panama!

So YOU'RE the reason I didn't fit! :mad: Well I guess it was a good thing since you got lost somewhere! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks all! We're looking for the camera cord for me to download some more pix. Otherwise I'm limited to the webcam. I forgot to take pix of dinner last night SORRY!

Appetizer: Grilled sea scallops in garlic and pesto, then grilled garlic shrimp.

Entree: NY strip finished with garlic butter and sautéed veggies on the side. (Mine was overdone for my liking) Ken had filet mignon and it was beautiful.

Dessert: Black forest cake - delicious. Cheesecake - even MORE delicious!

Tonight is Panamanian theme night in the buffet. I am not sure what we'll be getting but I'm looking forward to it. All the food has been very tasty here.

wow, you guys booked the entire resort for yourselves? that's cool.

j/k. where is everyone? it looks so nice to be so empty.

did ken wear his maple leafs jersey, flip flops, and golden thong again?
:huh:

Last edited:

He does know how to clear a place out! :LOL:

Ken says he'd wear a golden thong before a Leafs jersey would sully his body. LOL! The resort is pretty quiet, but I'm not complaining. We're early birds so most of the photos are taken in the morning before there are many people out there.

We read all kinds of warnings on Tripadvisor about the mosquito issue but honestly, those people must be complete wimps or live in a bug free zone or something. There are mosquitos at sunrise and sundown, and they are the tiniest little things, they hardly bug me at all. Those whiners ought to try Cuba on for size...or Winnipeg. Sheesh.

I'll post some more photos tonight now that I've found that danged cable. Tomorrow we are touring Monkey Island and other "nature" type excursions. That should be fun.

Looks like you're having a great time Alix! We beat you home from Kauai and it's so nice to have a real keyboard again, although having our Nook Tablet was great.
When are you due to leave paradise?

Looks like you're having a great time Alix! We beat you home from Kauai and it's so nice to have a real keyboard again, although having our Nook Tablet was great.
When are you due to leave paradise?

I'm home already dang it. I got home last Wednesday and it took me a while to get all the pictures up properly.

Alix said:
I'm home already dang it. I got home last Wednesday and it took me a while to get all the pictures up properly.

I'm glad you and the family made it home safely. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the picture of the monkey perched on the bars, his(her?) little toes wrapped tightly around the metal. (S)he certainly didn't look shy.

Back
Top Bottom