Party help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7 Layer Taco Dip. Mix re-fried beans with Taco seasoning mix, spread in a pan or attractive dish, spread Guacamole over, next spread with Sour Cream, Sprinkle with chopped Black Olives, Chopped Green Onion, shredded Sharp Cheese and Chopped Tomato.

OH, I remember seeing this dip everywhere in the mid-eighties. It was always a hit!

WOW!Thanks soo much for all the tips.My mom used to make a cake similar to that.But its been a long time since she has.

What about broccoli casserole?I have a recipe with campbell's soup in it.What kind of meat dishes were popular at parties in 85?

Broccoli casserole is a good choice. Veggie medleys, veggies with sliced almonds or with some other ingredient were pretty popular.

Meat dishes....like stand-alone or in something else? I had a lot of things then that seemed to have wine and mushroom sauces. Cooking with wine was pretty new and popular to those in my crowd in the mid-80s.

Wasn't fondue big in the 70's?

Fondues have been around since the late-fifties and early sixties but seems timeless in that it will pop up in each decade and never fails to please. What was cool about fondue is that one makes it, and someone in every crowd has never had it before. If you asked my nieces, they would say fondue is a 90's thing b/c I took them to a fondue restaurant then.

what is in a knox blocks?

Recipes will vary depending on what you are making. Some have juice, some use jello, and others have alcohol (for shooters), but all have Knox gelatin.

~Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom