Passover around the corner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I know I'm going to get busy and will forget to say that, so I better do it today. Happy passover, and next in Yerushalim. Ah, why wait, there is still plenty of time this year to get there.

A good Pesach to all my DC friends. I'm a lucky one.....1st nite at eldest SIL's parents, 2nd nite at eldest SIL and our daughter's home.....and I can't even make anything, because my kitchen is not kosher.....LOL

Charlie D, and all Jewish folks on DC, a very peaceful and joyful Passover.

God bless and enjoy.

One of My Favorite Memories....
When I was eight years old, we rented an early American home in a very small southern town in Texas. The house had been built by Jewish settlers. There were marks on all the door frames outside and in where the plaques had once been. In one room, there was a circular sitting bench and inside the circle was an atlas globe and built into the structure of the floor on one side was a Torah reading stand. The bookcases were built into the walls and had heavy curtains that could be drawn over them. (the other furniture was long gone)
The kitchen (or kitchens) was unique. In an open area there were two identical kitchen settings side by side with a three quarter wall separating them. Both had sinks and hand pumps, an ice box, kerosene burning stoves with counters and cabinets. One was next to the dining room and the other had a small dinette set in the center of it.
There was a large room on one side of the house. It opened into the house across from the kitchen(s) and also had a door that led outside. There were several large tub sets and a butcher table. There was a small animal pen. On the wall were Hebrew letters fading through the paint that had been brushed over them. This was the ritual prayer. We closed the door to this room and never used it.
The house had a living room and a sitting room, three bedrooms and a bathroom. There was a narrow porch on front of the house and a two acre front yard.
This is one of the most spiritual places that I have ever known. I can never remember my family being more at peace with each other than the summer when we lived here.
May The Force Be With You.

ella/TO said:
A good Pesach to all my DC friends. I'm a lucky one.....1st nite at eldest SIL's parents, 2nd nite at eldest SIL and our daughter's home.....and I can't even make anything, because my kitchen is not kosher.....LOL

Ella, you lucked out, lol - j/k.

Happy Passover ;)

Back
Top Bottom