Pasta in a hurry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
What's your favourite pasta topping when pressed for time?

Here's one of mine

Quick tuna pasta

2 tins of chunky tuna in oil
2 cans of chopped tomato
1 onion finely sliced
1 zucchini finely sliced
1 carrot grated
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tsps paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
salt and pepper to taste

Fry onion, zucchini and carrot till tender, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 mins. Add sauce to pasta and enjoy!

Alfredo Sauce

Cream
Butter
Parmesan Cheese

Heat in a sauce pan, pour over pasta, season with Kosher salt and white pepper - total time... about three minutes!

Favorite toppings using a prepared marinara sauce - sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms.

Pasta is so good as a quick meal, I usually keep a jar of pesto in the fridge for emergencies.

I've never used tuna with pasta although I've made "tuna noodle" casserole, so I don't know why tuna spaghetti sounds strange to me. Thanks for the good idea.;)

What's your favourite pasta topping when pressed for time?

My favorite "go to" fast pasta dinner is Spaghetti Carbonera. I use American bacon instead of traditional Italian pancetta.

i guess my quickest pasta dish is alla vongole made with canned clams.

put pasta in boiling water. in a skillet, add a small minced onion and crush a few cloves of garlic, toast in evoo and butter, add a can of chopped clams with juice and another whole baby clams with juice, simmer for a coupla minutes until the pasta is done. drain pasta and toss with clams, chopped parsley, and grated parmesan cheese.

less than 10 minutes from start to finish. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom