PayPal Warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
:devilish: at work! Last month I got an e-mail from PayPal telling me they were updating all their customers personal profiles and information. So I clicked on it and the first thing I saw was that they wanted the whole SS number. No place that I know of asks for your full SS number today. Only the last four numbers. I called PayPal and they informed that "No, they did not send this out and how to report it to them."

Today I got an e-mail telling me that my June statement was ready. I opened it and there was a very large warning telling me that this particular e-mail came from a site that did not have a special of certificate of certification or some such words. The IPO address from this e-mail did not come from PayPal. Close and Report this to PayPal. This to will have a report sent to PayPal.

If you have a need to see your PayPal account, log on directly to their site with your own password. Don't even open an email that looks like they sent it to you. Someone out there is phising. :angel:

This is nothing new and get ready for much more of it.

Lately I have been getting emails from people on facebook. Friends. But they are not actually the real friend of mine. The only way to tell is by the email address.
I opened some until I realized what was going on.

Its has been nothing serious like yours looking for SS numbers. Mine were shopping sites and stuff like that.
But what they are doing is looking at your facebook page and using the names of your friends.
When you get the email, it looks as if its your friend. Its not.

This is nothing new and get ready for much more of it.

Lately I have been getting emails from people on facebook. Friends. But they are not actually the real friend of mine. The only way to tell is by the email address.
I opened some until I realized what was going on.

Its has been nothing serious like yours looking for SS numbers. Mine were shopping sites and stuff like that.
But what they are doing is looking at your facebook page and using the names of your friends.
When you get the email, it looks as if its your friend. Its not.

Facebook is one place they can't get to me. I only have certain family members that can access to my account. Everyone else is blocked. And I never post pictures. Not even if it is the apple pie that I made.

I have to say, I do think DC is one of the safer sites I visit. :angel:

Facebook is one place they can't get to me. I only have certain family members that can access to my account. Everyone else is blocked. And I never post pictures. Not even if it is the apple pie that I made.

I have to say, I do think DC is one of the safer sites I visit. :angel:

Thank you, we work hard to keep it that way, our IT team is awesome! Thanks folks!

I've gotten those before. When I get emails from companies that I do business with, I rarely click on the links. Anything that they need from me will be accessible from their website, so I go there directly.

One telltale sign is whenever they are asking for personal information, if there is no "HTTPS" in the address bar, then it isn't likely a legit site, but even that isn't foolproof.

Another way is if you get to one of those phishing sites is to type gibberish into the user name and password fields, or where they are asking for other personal information, there won't be an error like there would be with the legit site.

I've gotten the Paypal emails too, always delete them.

I downloaded a coupon for a freebie from Walgreens yesterday, and all of a sudden I'm finding ads from other companies all over my FB page. Will have to attempt some cleanup.

Back
Top Bottom