"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2006, 09:03 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine
But, heck, if I was any more chilled, I'd be comatose!!!!
Ditto

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:09 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

kudos to alix, but also wasabi and mudbug. i decided yesterday to drop all of the bs and just enjoy the season. every moment of life is precious.

hmmm, the ignore function.

well, you just know that i have to ask.

if someone puts you on their ignore list, but you haven't "ignored" them, can you still see their posts, or do they disappear from the forum (to you) entirely?

it would make for an interesting dynamic, seeing parts of conversations, others missing.

with enough deduction, you can figure out who's ignoring you.

this could be fun.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
it only affects what YOU see, like a Personal Filter.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

I have never tested it out (admins can't use the ignore feature for obvious reasons), but I believe that you would still be able to see posts from someone who has you on their ignore list.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:35 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Ignore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
kudos to alix, but also wasabi and mudbug. i decided yesterday to drop all of the bs and just enjoy the season. every moment of life is precious.

hmmm, the ignore function.

well, you just know that i have to ask.

if someone puts you on their ignore list, but you haven't "ignored" them, can you still see their posts, or do they disappear from the forum (to you) entirely?

it would make for an interesting dynamic, seeing parts of conversations, others missing.

with enough deduction, you can figure out who's ignoring you.

this could be fun.
You are one person I would never ignore. I agree w/everything you say. Keep it up. Hope no one stops you from speaking your mind. I like that. Reminds me of minister I once had. But that was when I was young person. Can't find those kind around anymore.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #16
Everymom

Thank you for the votes Ayrton and urmaniac, I am LMAO, they would boot me in a NY minute I assure you. I don't vent my temper publicly very often, but trust me, I DO vent! LOL.

I don't want anyone to think that I don't respect the discussions we have here, when they are done appropriately. Ayrton, I have mentioned before I think you debate beautifully. As do you BT, and kudos to you both for that. I mostly just want folks to take a deep breath and stop focussing on all the negative things we see. There are so many positive things on this board and lately what I have been hearing is nitpicky and negative. And so I for one am going to try to focus on all the wonderful people we have here and all the fun I see. Thanks for being such a wonderful part of my day everyday folks. I appreciate you all.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:25 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Thank you for the votes Ayrton and urmaniac, I am LMAO, they would boot me in a NY minute I assure you. I don't vent my temper publicly very often, but trust me, I DO vent! LOL.

I don't want anyone to think that I don't respect the discussions we have here, when they are done appropriately. Ayrton, I have mentioned before I think you debate beautifully. As do you BT, and kudos to you both for that. I mostly just want folks to take a deep breath and stop focussing on all the negative things we see. There are so many positive things on this board and lately what I have been hearing is nitpicky and negative. And so I for one am going to try to focus on all the wonderful people we have here and all the fun I see. Thanks for being such a wonderful part of my day everyday folks. I appreciate you all.
I think I must of missed something as I was not as active on here for awhile.......anyway I do agree with your post.....Ok.....you get my Karma vote !
Old 12-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Alix

Ditto to you too! We all appreciate you too and I personally thank you for all the interest you take in my daily problems. No one else seems to have time except the people on this site. Before the year ends, I just want to send big thanks to all my special friends. Thanks! Now I feel better.