"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kitchenelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 19,725
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob
Have we set a date and time??.....I'm hoping real soon!!!
I saw we start it ASAP and just make it a continuous event that NEVER ends!

I'm bringing my mother's macaroni salad. I'll be passing out tuna tartare (shallots, ahi tuna, wasabi mayo, and caviar) to those present as it begins to smell after a few minutes in the sun
__________________

__________________
kitchenelf

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
Half Baked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,927
I'll see about getting the recipe for Coke that the secretary 'allegedly' stole. We can make it right on the site.

I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills "Ah, peace throughout the land"
(That's the song I hear)
I'd like to teach the world to sing (that the world sings today)
In perfect harmony
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves

Chips, chips, chips....gotta have chips.
__________________

__________________
Jan
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #13
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,764
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Ronjohn!! Aren't you going to let us sample your homemade brew???
__________________
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
I'll see about getting the recipe for Coke that the secretary 'allegedly' stole. We can make it right on the site.

I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills "Ah, peace throughout the land"
(That's the song I hear)
I'd like to teach the world to sing (that the world sings today)
In perfect harmony
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves

Chips, chips, chips....gotta have chips.
Now we even have an Official Theme Song!!



ps...Jan we could even bottle the coke at Biedenharn"s Candy Company in Vicksburg..where it was first bottled in 1894...I have connections...bring the recipe.
__________________
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #15
Executive Chef
 
Half Baked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,927
Lol, as soon as her trial is over, if she isn't convicted, I'll give her a call.
__________________
Jan
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
 
mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NoVA, beyond the Beltway
Posts: 11,166
I will bring designated drivers (not ME) for the beer drinkers.
__________________
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Baked
Lol, as soon as her trial is over, if she isn't convicted, I'll give her a call.

Ah...my sources out of Atlanta say you have a copy....
Just don't post it here!!!!

Bring it to the party!!!
__________________
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:25 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
I will bring designated drivers (not ME) for the beer drinkers.
Beer..... I forgot about beer..I better gather up a few wash tubs to ice it down in...

Thanks Miss Mudbug for reminding me!!
__________________
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
 
mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NoVA, beyond the Beltway
Posts: 11,166
or I could drive the beer truck down (but not back)
__________________
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Uncle Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Small Town Mississippi
Posts: 17,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
or I could drive the beer truck down (but not back)



Better bring two
__________________

__________________
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.