People Watchers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As noted here, people watching is extremely judgmental.

I prefer to nature watch.

Ever notice how dedicated and focused nature is nurturing their young?

Ive been watching a family of robins journey thru building ... leaving the nest. This all happening within two steps of my back doorknob and spanning two weeks.

Same thing in front, only red finches. The difference is, robins start as clumsy fliers while the red finches exhibit a binary aproach to first flight. Just when you think when will they leave (the nest) they soar away as though you were watchn the parent.

Earlier this spring we had some bluebirds searching for a home. It was so amazing to watch them. First they looked at a huge fence post where there was a deep hole (probably pecked out by a woodpecker). They would go in one at a time and stay a bit then come out and the other one would go in. They finally decided to nest in the real bluebird house that dh had hung on a tree, but we didn't know this until the baby birds hatched. We have a large number of birds and they start chirping long before dawn. I don't know what type the early birds are, but they sure do make a noise. We've had quite a show from the hummingbirds this year also.

I have to admit that one of my favourite things to do at school is to listen to other peoples conversations:ohmy: they have much more interesting conversations then i ever do.:rolleyes:

for example, last semester in business class (manditory) there were these two guys who sat beside me. They talked constantly! They would talk about anything and everything (some things i would not share with mixed company;):LOL:) but it was o so fun to listen to them!
I tryed not to let them know that i was listening to them, but they may have figured it out when near the end of the semester one asked the other what they had after lunch (class wise) and the other misheard and started listing off what he had for lunch:ROFLMAO: . Ya I think that my laughter gave me away on that one!
I know that eves dropping isn't good and that you don't get the whole story and whatnot, but it really can be amusing!

When we lived in the Washington, D.C. metro area, a visit to the motor vehicles office for drivers license renewal was always an experience. Because the area was so heavily populated, the office was always busy and I usually expected to spend at least 3 hours or more there.

Since everyone regardless of age, income, race, etc. had to appear for this task, these waiting sessions were "ripe" for people-watching. Unbelievable, especially watching those who brought little children with them. Those folks created mini circuses.:wacko:

roflmao Katie.

I grew up in Alexandria and had to take all the vistors siteseeing... do I need to say more? It was always a blast! :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I really enjoy watching people but at the moment I have been sick and can't leave the Condo. Jolie and I watch people swimming because the Condo over looks the pool.

Back
Top Bottom