People who are involved with the production of ice cream, starting with the custard b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jburnie

Assistant Cook
Hello all,

I am a Product Design and Technology Student from Northumbria University (Newcastle). I am currently investigating a potential idea for a product which would help people during the production of ice cream.

A pastry chef from a local restaurant has highlighted a potential gap in the market, for a product which would aid anyone making a custard base for an ice cream. The product would work by tempering the mixture to the correct degree of temperature and constantly stirring / scraping the container.

Since I don’t have much experience with the process I was hoping I could get some feedback on the idea as to whether it would be viable in a restaurant or at home? In your opinion are there any other features which would be integrated into this product? Are there any other areas you might find this product could lend itself to, in the kitchen?

Finally, is anyone aware of any similar products which might be of some interest to me?

Any feedback on the idea would be greatly appreciated; I look forward to hearing back from you.

Joe Burnie
Final Year Student – Northumbria University

Please note that any feedback may be used in my final year project and may be displayed in public, although no reference to yourself or your organisation will be made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of my critical factors related to the tempering and thickening of an ice cream custard mix are temperature and thickness. I estimate temperature by touching the saucepan and thickness by evaluating stirring resistance.

A self-stirring saucepan similar to a crockpot only with a mechanism to keep the contents moving or a blender that contains a heating element?

I have wished for one of those for years but so far none have fallen from the sky. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It would be a big help in making all types of puddings and sauces.

If it was well made and available at a reasonable price point, under $100.00, I would buy one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom