"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Beautiful kitties Connie!! Pedigreed or not I am sure they are kings (or queens) of the household... How did they receive Chloe? (and what a lucky dog she is!!) Somehow I can picture them reluctantly tolerating her while she is all over them begging to play with her...

Old 03-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #22
Contest Winner

I have 2 cats, Ginger (orange) and Panther (black) and 2 dogs, Dudley (small) and Buster (huge) The dogs live at my parents house, but I still consider them my puppies! I love them all...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gp.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000917.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1067  

Click image for larger version

Name:	66_JPG.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1068  

Old 03-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #23
Head Chef

Uh-ohh!! You ask about pets?!! I have 9 dogs (none under 45 pounds), 13 cats (all dogs and cats are spayed or neutered) and two burros (formally wild donkeys). Many of my "critters" were dumped (abandoned) and either found us or we found them. They all have a home for life with me!!! I take them in to get checked out, and "fixed." In the past we have had as many as 25 cats, 15 dogs and even rabbits; all pets. The 2 burros in my avatar are Sugar and Baby and yes, they are real; just try walking outside with a sandwich!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:15 PM   #24
Master Chef

Aww, grumblebee, they are so precious!! I am totally in love with Buster though.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #25
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Aww, grumblebee, they are so precious!! I am totally in love with Buster though.
Isnt he a doll? He is such a giant, fluffykins... This is one of my favourite pics of him:
Old 03-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #26
Executive Chef

I love all the creatures here.I have 3 dogs and two cats.The dogs are Bear a female chow mix she is so cute,then there is Daisy Duke I picked her up at a grocery store parking lot in Texas she was so little she's a boxer mix then there is Lobo{wolf in spanish}he is a pure German Shepard I call him Baby Bobo my hubby found him on a highway we found the people who had him but they wanted to find him a home anyway.He is so gentle and has a heart of gold.
The two cats are a white himalayan named Shadow and a grey striped cat we call Snoopy cuz he is really nosy.
Never a dull moment they all have their own personalities
Old 03-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Beautiful kitties Connie!! Pedigreed or not I am sure they are kings (or queens) of the household... How did they receive Chloe? (and what a lucky dog she is!!) Somehow I can picture them reluctantly tolerating her while she is all over them begging to play with her...
Thank you, friend...they sure are.

Chloe has a "merry tail", which means it wags all the time.
Mei Yu tolerates her...she'd seen dogs before, and after she taught the dog a few manners, they have been OK.
Chang is terrified of the dog, and growls whenever he sees her. It has become great fun for our friends to watch Chloe chase the cat. I try to discourage that, but it still happens sometimes. It is pretty funny. We have a tile floor in our living area, which means they both slip and slide a lot.
But Chang is king of the waterbed, and snuggles up into the small of my back while I sleep.
I don't let my cats go outside. Siamese cats are not meant as outdoor cats. Besides, I don't want mine stolen or eaten by a coyote. In fact, I'm pretty carefull about Chloe's evening runs. She would make a verh tasty little treat for a coyote too.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #28
Master Chef

Grumblebee, you just had to show me that one!!

jp, I got my Destiny in a grocery parking lot too!! I called my husband and he said no. He was griping when he saw her, until he picked her up!! She just licked him all over!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #29
Master Chef

Aw, Grumblebee, he reminds me of my dear departed Maggie. she was much shaggier, had hair like a malamute or something, but that dog had the biggest heart I've ever seen. The vet called her a "collie mix".
My dad said he always knew whether I was at the house, shop, or one of the greenhouses, because Maggie was guarding the door.
She passed at 17. We think she had a stroke.

I still miss her.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #30
Executive Chef

The dogs go in a large pen in the day unless the weather is horrible they have three houses in pen ,Lobo usually goes with his dad in the truck to patrol the ranch, the cats have a cat door so they go in and out all day but the cats get locked in house before dark because of coyotes,owls,bears mountain lions{we live way out in the mountains}
The dogs come in around 4 PM as much as I love them I need a break during the day cuz they will follow me room to room all day.Cant get much done that way.Of course biscuit time is when they come in and they make sure you dont forget it either.
I love their cheerfullness.
People are always saying to me in my next life I want to come back as one of your pets.SPOILED? Naah not my babies.