"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #31
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
2 cats. Minor (Mr. Minor if we are getting formal) and Loki who was named Ruby before we found out that she was a he.
Here are my boys. Minor is the black cat and Loki is the white one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minor07.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	1069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruby35.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	1070  

Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Like playful cats, but I'm alergic

Old 03-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Texasgirl, the same thing happened to me I was working in Texas in November and December as I have for the past 10 years cooking for a family during the hunts.I didnt tell my husband on the phone until he came to visit over Christmas. Because I knew he would be so mad, I didn't want him to stew all the way down there..When he showed up I kept saying Ill find her a home I SWEAR.Well she was all over him and I kept saying.See! SHE LOVES YOU!It was all over for him.He has all kinds of little nick names for her now.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
Talking much love for the zoo

grumblebee, that is a super pic of your poochpal!! and ur, that hamster pic is the best ever, tho hamsters are usually ever so devilish...

i'm a vet, so this is actually the least number of animals i've had in the house since college. currently, i live with a wonderful death-row-shelter-trash mostly-sheltie (as in, she looks just like a shetland sheepdog, only they don't make those in 30lb size) named Sheba, http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43cf5...wakBEBEfp_zmFb
a sulcata tortoise named Atlas,http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/users/43cf5...wakBEBdmh.EeWJ
the corn snakes Luna and Morrolan, the betta bathroomfish, and an aquarium full of angels & catfish.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #35
Master Chef

Ok... Ill bite.....

Boots and Binks... my 2 doggies and 3 of my 5 fish tanks... probably over 200 fish.

Name:	Toasty Kids.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	1071

Name:	sm100g 11.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	1072

Name:	sm103_0352.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1073

Name:	sm55gC1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1074
Old 03-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
Here's Chloe...
Oh Connie what a sweet face...So darling, would love to give her a pat..If she were open to it.

kadesma
Old 03-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

I have as a constant companion a black and tan 14 year old doxie, Maggie. She is like a shadow and dearly loves the grand kids..She and Ethan have become fast firends. If I should look and see she is not right with me, I just go find the one kid who is asleep and there she will be right beside them standing guard. We also have the cat my daughter just had to have when she got her own first place..Then she got married and I got the cat!!! The goofiest cat I have ever seen..About 2 months ago, DH and I were watching TV and Maggie started to growl, and I looked twoard the sliding door where she goes in and out, and there were two little kittens. Someone had just dumped them and they had made their way into the back yard..Once I went to the door, Maggie said heck with it and went back to sleep..We now have to new babies, Whisky a grey, white with tiny bits of orange and yellow eyes and ever so fluffy and Simon a part siamese coco head tail, paws, tail is striped like whisky's but both are so cute and sweet...They stay in the garage at night and haven't figured out the doggie door like mr. goofey Tigger..While I wasn't looking for more cats after losing my wheezie to a coyote last summer, how could I not take these two?

We love em all..

kadesma