Pet Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
We love dogs, after our beautiful Asia died ( a black long haired GSD) we said never again.
Max is a 130lb south african boerbeol, his owner was going to have him put down because he was dangerous, his ex owner was a xxxxx.

padeswood 271.jpg

What pets do you own

I am owned by two cats, their pics are in my album. Latte' was a rescue, someone had thrown her away in a parking lot and Smudge picked me from a cardboard box that said, "Free Kittens" watched over by two kids outside a grocery store.

i have two cats. thomas is seven years old. he is gray to black. charlie is about seven months old. he is a ragdoll persian. someone dumped him at about three months. they left him in my yard. couldn't let him stay outdoors more than three days. no one came looking for him. he is very loving and playful. thomas has always been a very private cat. you can pet him if he feels like it. they both bring me many laughs and great joy.

Two cats here as well. Larry and Moe. Both black & white 'tuxedo', both mostly feral as kittens - my son gifted me with them for company. They're mostly domesticated by now (3 years), but real scaredy-cats. Recently adopted a 10 yr old yellow Lab mix from the shelter, mostly for her bark but I'm finding she's a very nice companion, too. She and the boys get along remarkably well, mostly because the cats are quick on their feet and she's very mellow.

those are really cute pics. i just ordered a camera on line. i miss to many of the cute things that charlie and thomas do. now if i just knew how to put them on line.

Have you got a Gmail account? Picasa web albums. It integrates well with the Picasa desk top software, which will let you do simple fixes to pix, caption them, put them in albums, make collages, and upload to Picasa web albums. it will also import from your camera.

Forgot to mention it's free.

Last edited:
Bolas, I love your dog. He looks about as dangerous as my Violet. She is a border collie/boxer cross. We taught her from a puppy to be gentle and what we ended up with is the biggest wimp you have ever seen! But I love her to bits. Her "brother" is a bichon Maltepoo and while he is a third of her weight he rules the roost! They both have me wrapped around their paws.

I have posted their pictures in a few places, but I have to show them off again. The do have their own beds, but Joie (Joey) decided they were going to share Violet's. I added one of his long-haired shots as well.

Attachments

• SharingBed1.jpg
    SharingBed1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Violet&JoieSitting.jpg
    Violet&JoieSitting.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Violet&Joieresting.jpg
    Violet&Joieresting.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Great pics LP, the pic with my wife was after 3 months with us, Max is very strong, he bit through the tyre of my wheel barrow with ease. He is only now letting people into the house. He will not let anyone apart from myself my wife and brother touch him. He has come a long way.
I have to give him his shots even with a muzzle on the vet and two assistants could not hold him.

Last edited:
Pet pictures! Yay!
Nemo, black lab!
Nellie.. "golden" lab (lab and retriever mix)
Baxter.. Big Norwegian Forest Cat mix
Duke, his smaller brother (miracle cat, thought to have cancer but doesn't)
Maggie the Zoomy Kitten Cat (aka Tater Tot)

Attachments

• DogsWindow1.jpg
    DogsWindow1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 153
  • BaxterYard2010A.jpg
    BaxterYard2010A.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 144
  • DukeMyDesk2010.jpg
    DukeMyDesk2010.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 139
  • MaggieSunlight2010E.jpg
    MaggieSunlight2010E.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 136
I was not surprised to find pet photos in the 'what made you smile' thread, too. All our four-legged friends (and birds, too) make us smile every day. Here are my two boys, Moe & Larry, and our new boarder, Baby (that was her name at the shelter and I didn't want to confuse things by calling her something new). They're making sure no one walks past the house unnoticed. :)

Attachments

• Moe, Larry & Baby.jpg
    Moe, Larry & Baby.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 135
great pics of furry kids, everyone.

i'd posted these recently, but here's 2 of our 3 indoor cats again, and 1 of our parrots. i just realized that all of our pets have multiple nicknames.

here's our norwegian forest cat mush, a.k.a. mushketeer, mushine gun, mushy-tata, mushigi, and the mush-man.

img0644v.jpg

and 2 of our maine coon hercules. he's a.k.a. herc, stupid-cles, mr. mcsneezer, and the wheezer. he snores and wheezes a lot when he sleeps.

img3038c.jpg

herccloseup1fc4.jpg

and our moluccan cockatoo, beethoven, a.k.a. beetho, beeturkey, and butthead.

img32861.jpg

Last edited:
Love the nicknames, Bucky!

Joie is aka Josey, Outlaw Josey Wales (he loves wearing bandanas), Joebug, JoJo, Snickelfritz, and my favourite, Beanbag Bum. This is because when he sits "pretty" he shifts all his weight down into his rear end and it becomes flat with a totally straight back. He can stay in that position for longer than I have seen a dog beg. I hope I can get a picture of it some time.

Violet, is Violetta, Vi, Vilie Coyote, Violet Girl (as in Georgie Girl), Girlie Girl, Big Woose and the Duchess. Oh yes, Dad calls her "No. 4, Bobby Orr", cause she can go backwards as expertly as he did. Never runs into anything.....ever!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom