"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
Master Chef

Pet Pictures

I wasn't sure where to put this because it really doesn't fall into any of the members photo catagories.

I know there are a lot of members that have pets and I so love seeing pics of animals and thought maybe we could start a thread and show them off.

I'll start:

(Cat) "Trinket"........she's my one and only daughter (the only one I'll ever have ). I've never been so attached to an animal in my life. She came into my life almost 5 years ago. The lady that I got her from said she was 5 at the time but hesitated on the age so I suspect she was wrong. I estimate her to be about 12 now. My mom and I went to a rummage sale and Trinket was looking out the window at me with 2 other cats and I fell in love. The elderly lady asked if I knew of anyone that would want a cat because she had to get rid of them because her husband had lung cancer. I didn't go in because I knew I'd be a goner. Well mom and I left and went to a few other places and I couldn't stop thinking about her and finally turned my car around and went back and got her and she's been my girl ever since and always will be. There'll never be another Trinket.

(Puppy) "Max"....he'll be 4 months old on the 23rd of this month. I've only had him 14 hours and he's already captured my heart. He's a full blooded Boston Terrier and he's on the smaller size and won't get any bigger than 15 inches. His little expressions crack me up...... he'll tilt his head this funny way and with his eyes....you can't help but smile and laugh out loud.

Attached Images

Old 02-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Head Chef

Trinket and Max almost match....that is very sweet! I posted one of my girls recently, but I'll have rummage on the computer and see what I come up with!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu
Trinket and Max almost match....that is very sweet! I posted one of my girls recently, but I'll have rummage on the computer and see what I come up with!

they kind of do don't they
Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
Head Chef

Well, the cats are my girls, my babies....they have come to Italy with us, as you can see they are best friends aswell as sisters.

The dog on the sofa is my Pop, she is with my Mother, and there she is playing dead on the sofa.

The last photo is of another dog but with one of the cats so you can see how big our dogs are
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
Executive Chef

This is our girl Seijo. She's a 5 year old german shepard. She's a wonderful dog but has been having some issues with her body lately. She's still too young to be having so many problems. She loves to play frisbee and hike and run! Vet says she shouldn't because of a slipped disk in her spine. It makes her back legs so wobbley. And it makes he sooo sad when she doesn't get any excercise.

Here she is with Aidan when he was about 9 months old. It's such a funny photo, they both look like they've just won gold medals and are listening to the national anthem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a&s.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2503  
Old 02-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Hey Sizzlin, my sister has a BT and he is the funniest most adorable little guy ever! Sooo smart too! My husband gives her a hard time for making him wear little sweaters! But he has to, he gets too cold without them in the winter!!!

My furry friend is Raisin, a Rhodesian Ridgeback/Airdale Terrier that I rescued when she was 6 months old. She is now 8 and I brought her over to England with me! I wouldnt have moved without her!!

In her garden last summer, annoyed cause I wanted a picture!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
Master Chef

I just want to say that I love seeing your babies!!! Such cute pics!

Here is Buster, my first chihuahua... RIP.... he passed about 3 or 4 years ago.

This is Boots (Booter), he is gettin kind of old, about 14 years now. He is a gem!!

And here is my boy Binks! This guy keeps me on my toes and keeps me smiling!!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
Master Chef

Ohhh.... all of your babies are so adorable.
Lulu....I love the closeness your cats have and that picture captures it. And I cannot believe how big your dogs are....what kind are they? All of them are beautiful.
Corazon....Seijo is extremely handsome. I bet it so hard for him to watch the kids romp around and he is limited....poor guy.
Redkitty.....I've never seen a dog like yours, nor heard of one.... is it a common breed here in the U.S.? She's beautiful and a girl after my own heart..... I don't like my pic taken either.
P.S. I love her name.
Sattie....your Chi babies are little cuties. Boots looks like he's posing for a calendar...LOL!
Well Trinket and Max have officially met and I've played referee several times. Trinket has a mightly right hook let me tell you. In fact, when I brought her home the first time and after finally coming out of hiding for the first day she came out and my youngest was about 2 1/2 at the time and bent down to say hi and she slapped him across the face with that right hook and knocked him on his rear....LOL! No worry she doesn't have claws. Well Max got a feel for that blow too. Trinket came creeping up to him to check him out and Max was timid at first but decided to put his nose too close to her and BAM! Well Max took off a little shaken then I think he thought, "Now wait a minute I think she wants to play".....so off he went back and I had to step in and correct both of them because they were both ready to attack one another. Well then about 1/2 hour later their both inching their way to one another and Max again got too close for Trinkets comfort level. So ultimately now Max is terrified of the big bad cat and is stuck to me like glue and Trinket is in her glory for putting him in his place and strutting her stuff.
But all is well in the household and I'm ready for round 3 anytime :). All in all I think their going to be just fine because Trinket has never gotten that close to any animal thats been in this house before (visitors though) usually she won't come out of our room.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
Head Chef

Aren't everyones pets cute? I love them all!

I wanted to put horsey and chicken ones up too, but I realise there is a limit, lol!
Sizz, the dogs are Irish wolfhounds, and we always bred them quite SMALL, because we bred for longevity over size, but a big one can be MASSIVE! Thanks for you kind words about my babies.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
Master Chef

LuLu....I thought it had to be something to do with a wolfe.....their gorgeous.

No please add your other pics too..........heck if I still had my little gold fish I'd of put him up too but ultimatly he died and it was a very sad day for me.....who'd of thought I'd ever get attached to a fish .