"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #91
Executive Chef

Both my parents, both my brothers and Sprout all over explain things too. Sprout is almost as non linear as I am. Dad and the two brothers give classroom quality lectures /eyeroll. Mom starts at the beginning and gives every detail right down to the hair on the leg of the fly that was on the horses tail... Just imagine those family dinners. :D

The worst though is trying to follow a conversation between multiple non-linear thinking ADD'ers. That poor guy in our study group that was normal. It wouldn't surprise me if he needed counsling for the trauma of that semester.

Speaking of trauma, and getting back on topic, you ever watch a cat pull a stack of laundry down on himself? Hehe. He flinches now at evey little sound whenever he walks by a pile of clothes.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #92
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Nope, but Smudge fell asleep...literally. Right out of the front window, she had that, "I meant to that." look about her. She landed on her butt, there was no room for her to turn over in the short distance.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #93
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Both my parents, both my brothers and Sprout all over explain things too. Sprout is almost as non linear as I am. Dad and the two brothers give classroom quality lectures /eyeroll. Mom starts at the beginning and gives every detail right down to the hair on the leg of the fly that was on the horses tail... Just imagine those family dinners. :D

The worst though is trying to follow a conversation between multiple non-linear thinking ADD'ers. That poor guy in our study group that was normal. It wouldn't surprise me if he needed counsling for the trauma of that semester.

Speaking of trauma, and getting back on topic, you ever watch a cat pull a stack of laundry down on himself? Hehe. He flinches now at evey little sound whenever he walks by a pile of clothes.

My kinda fun!

My brother...uber intelligent...was flunking most of his classes in high school, because he wouldn't do the work. He corrected my grammar one night and Shrek told him he was not allowed to correct me until he passed all his classes. The brat passed all his classes...
Old 09-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #94
Master Chef

One of my favorite things with Rosebud is that she just loves .... ice cubes. I swear, she'd rather have an ice cube than food. With my other dogs, I had heat issues, couldn't get them to cool off. Wouldn't drink from a hose or gutter or stream. This gal, if you toss an ice cube in the bowl of water, she will play with it until she gets it out of the bowl, and then crunch on it when it is soft. I like it because I know cooling her paws is a good thing. THEN she'll chase it all around the house until it melts. It has been funny to watch.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #95
Executive Chef

How is it that my cat is a fraction of my size but still manages to comandeer the greater portion of the bed?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #96
Master Chef

Site Moderator

During the night cats and dogs expand to fill the available space, but ONLY at night.. .. didn't you know that?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #97
Executive Chef

My cat must be special then because I sleep during the day and the hubby sleeps at night and he does it to both of us. :)
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #98
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
My cat must be special then because I sleep during the day and the hubby sleeps at night and he does it to both of us. :)
You need two of them...

I want to know why hairballs are only yacked at night...
Old 09-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #99
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

You need two of them...

I want to know why hairballs are only yacked at night...
And why always on the carpet not three inches from the hardwood floor where it would have been easier to clean.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #100
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
And why always on the carpet not three inches from the hardwood floor where it would have been easier to clean.
Do you know how far I can launch a cat, that's at the end of the bed, about to spew on my bedspread? From a sound sleep?