Pet stories, let's start again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about vet wrap? You must have feed/coop places in MT that sell these things to the public. I like the royal purple myself.

That's exactly what I am talking about, but I see it in the drugstore as athletic wrap...same idea and I'll most likely get the black or orange to match his Harley Davidson stuff.

I could mail you some--(I have lots--bought a case of it a couple of years ago for a dog that needed her leg dressings changed every day). But, it probably wouldn't get there for a couple of weeks--and I don't think I have orange or black...

I could mail you some--(I have lots--bought a case of it a couple of years ago for a dog that needed her leg dressings changed every day). But, it probably wouldn't get there for a couple of weeks--and I don't think I have orange or black...

Thanks, CWS...but I bet I have a roll of it on my dresser...I was using it for Shrek, to hold his IV steady. I just happened to think of it this morning and that it might be able to be molded into little boots for Patron.

Anyone else ever notice that a cat will sit perfectly still in a fantastic pose until you get out a camera, or even camera phone, and then all they want to do is show you the back of their head or their butt?

Anyone else ever notice that a cat will sit perfectly still in a fantastic pose until you get out a camera, or even camera phone, and then all they want to do is show you the back of their head or their butt?

My brother can't get a good picture of his cat or the dog...because they run away from the camera.

Took Rosebud for her first full exam since we acquired her today (I'd taken her for a weigh-in and TNT a few months after we got her). I think the vet and tech appreciated that I used to work for a vet and have a sib who did for decades. Bottom line is that I'm still afraid she'll snap if panicked (we used to call it fear biting), and that I didn't mind them taking her out of sight for her shots or muzzling her. It all went very well. What has always been a problem with me is that I cringe when I see my dog is afraid. That, of course, makes her more afraid.

the thing I've never encountered before is that the vet didn't want to give her all her shots at once. They wanted to do most of them today, the rabies in 10 days or so. The she won't need rabies again for three years. Well, when we were in Florida, even if you got a 3 year killed rabies vaccination, you had to get it every year (rabies was quite rampant in those days). I don't know if that is still the law. this year it won't matter, but next year I might have to request an extra rabies vaccination.

I returned home to a cat that was just about inconsolable. She sat in the middle of the floor and "meowed" me out when I got home today.

Don't you just love it when you pets go from just barking or meowing to trying to talk to you? I swear, why do they do that? It used to drive my mom crazy when our first dog (not my first dog, we always had them as kids, but our first as a married couple) used to try to talk. She was mostly JR, a little Chihuahua. But she would vocalize and try to "talk" to you. Her daughter would never talk like that (she was even more JR). Then one day we left her with a friend overnight, and she met us at the door, cussing us out to beat the band. Now we have hit who-knows-what mutt, and she started to try to "talk" to us last week (she's about a year old, give or take a couple of months).

One thing I truly love is that she's decided to nap in her crate in the afternoons. This is super, given that we're taking her on her first road trip. We always insisted on Keiki and White Fang being in their crates in the morning when we started out, in the evenings when we checked in, and when we hit city traffic (for those who don't know how long I've been writing, I traveled in an RV for three years with two small dogs). But this will be Rosebud's first road trip. Loving her crate will make life so lovely.

Back
Top Bottom