"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD
This morning we found Peanut (the big dog of the family) with a large flat piece of crinkled aluminum foil. It wasn't chewed, just crinkled, but also fairly flat Strange, couldn't figure out where it came from, there was none in the trash cans. No one knows where it might have come from. Okay, so a doggie mystery... nothing new in this house.

Little later, I open the fridge and see that the package of 2 left-over pork chops wrapped in foil is not in the fridge. Hmmm....

"Hey Tracy, did you take out the pork chops to take for your dinner tonight?"

"Yeah, they are in my lunch bag right here on the chai.......PEANUT!!!!"

Mystery solved...he took the wrapped chops out of the open lunch bag, brought them down stairs, unwrapped them, and ate them. The foil was not chewed, just crinkled from being wrapped around the chops and I guess it got flat from him licking it clean.
Bad Peanut! Very smart and resourceful but bad Peanut! LOL!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #22
Master Chef
 
DaveSoMD's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Bad Peanut! Very smart and resourceful but bad Peanut! LOL!
His "sister" Ali (my avatar) is even more resourceful.....her newest trick is my fault. When I am gardening I feed the dogs some of the veg from the garden/my basket. They all love cucumber, carrots, and green and yellow beans.

Well, I was standing at the far side of the yard one day and saw her walk over to one of the planting beds, put her head in then pull it back. Strange..is she seeing something in there. I'm watching... I move closer and I'm still watching, trying to figure out what she is doing, then I realize she is putting her head in the bed where the beans are and she is CHEWING.

She was picking the beans off the plants one by one and eating them.
__________________

__________________
Quoth the chicken, "Fry some more."
AB - Good Eats: Fry Hard II
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #23
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
This morning we found Peanut (the big dog of the family) with a large flat piece of crinkled aluminum foil. It wasn't chewed, just crinkled, but also fairly flat Strange, couldn't figure out where it came from, there was none in the trash cans. No one knows where it might have come from. Okay, so a doggie mystery... nothing new in this house.

Little later, I open the fridge and see that the package of 2 left-over pork chops wrapped in foil is not in the fridge. Hmmm....

"Hey Tracy, did you take out the pork chops to take for your dinner tonight?"

"Yeah, they are in my lunch bag right here on the chai.......PEANUT!!!!"

Mystery solved...he took the wrapped chops out of the open lunch bag, brought them down stairs, unwrapped them, and ate them. The foil was not chewed, just crinkled from being wrapped around the chops and I guess it got flat from him licking it clean.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #24
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
His "sister" Ali (my avatar) is even more resourceful.....her newest trick is my fault. When I am gardening I feed the dogs some of the veg from the garden/my basket. They all love cucumber, carrots, and green and yellow beans.

Well, I was standing at the far side of the yard one day and saw her walk over to one of the planting beds, put her head in then pull it back. Strange..is she seeing something in there. I'm watching... I move closer and I'm still watching, trying to figure out what she is doing, then I realize she is putting her head in the bed where the beans are and she is CHEWING.

She was picking the beans off the plants one by one and eating them.
Officially dying of laughter...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
Dogs are so smart. At least some of them are.

About 2 or 3 dogs ago, we had two cockers, one black, one blond. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer, both second or third hand rescues. I had a bowl of fake enamel apples in front of our fireplace, which the cockers had ignored for years. Came downstairs one morning to find the carpet dyed a bright red, and covered with shredded styrofoam. Cockers both looked innocent. The tell-tale was the blond, who presented with red paws and muzzle. They had both gone to town on the fake apples!

DH and I were leaving town shortly after, and the dogs were to be boarded. Upon walking the cockers, they both pooped the most bubble gum pink poop! It was truly amazing. And their eyes turned a very bright fluorescent green, probably from the fake leaves of the fake apples. Did not have time to take them to the vet. I explained the whole thing to the boarder, and she assured me she would get them to the vet if needed. They were just fine. I finally did get the red dye out of the carpet.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:42 AM   #26
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Rol has been packing up the house for our move downstate. He had a bunch of empty boxes stacked up and, well, we have a cat. A cat who loves boxes. Nothing funnier than watching a cat try to peek into the top box and pull the entire stack down on himself. One of them landed half on top of him (the back half) and it took him a minute, moving forward and then trying to walk backward, to get it off. He was so not happy with the fact that we sat there laughing instead of rushing over to rescue him. We got some seriously evil looks, which of course just made us laugh more. Serves him right for peeking into what's not his.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #27
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,311
Latte' has discovered that if she hogs the middle tier of the tower, Smudge can't get to the top. Thus keeping, "The Other Cat" off HER tower. Smudge just waits until Latte' goes to eat
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #28
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Dinky's latest toy.

I just bought a presentation device that allows me to click on the PC screen from the living room. I use it when watching streaming movies on the big TV.

The right button on it is a laser light. I shine it on the floor in front of Dinky, and he goes completely nuts! He's almost 14 years old, so he gets worn out pretty easily, but for a few minutes at a time, it's a blast for both of us when he tried to capture the red dot! He makes me laugh like crazy!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #29
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,947
I think I mentioned both of our dogs have ear infections now and so morning and night are drops time. Violet is so good I don't even have to hold her. But Joey hides in his crate - this is his "safe house" and we will not drag him out of it because this little dog has big trust issues. Well, we finally found the solution - put the door back on the crate and shut it when we DON'T want him in there. So this morning I go to do Violet's ears and there is Joey sitting in front of his crate. I walked over to him expecting he would run away, but he sat there and took the drops. Right after I gave them their treats I opened the crate and he went in and had a nap. I love my pups!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #30
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
Posts: 9
I know that this is nothing incomparison to the wonderful stories about your pups but i have an absolutely crazy house rabbit, who is officially known by the family as 'DOG'. he is nutts! I know that rabbits are mean't to chew everything but our rabbit just takes it to the extreme! My fiance and I moved into our brand new flat a little over a year ago and then bought the baby bunny- BIG MISTAKE! From the min we let him out of the cage - our flat was ruined! We absolutely love incense burning and i guess the bunny loves it too! We put the incense burner and the sticks on the table (about waiste high) thinking that the rabbit would never ever be able to get up onto the table. We were in bed one night (asleep) and we awoke to a huge BANG. The incense burner was on the floor along with everything else on the table however, there were no incense stcks or bunny! I spend about 10mins looking for the bunny untill i heard crunching. I looked under the couch and there ws the bunny - and the incense sticks!
__________________

__________________
Shouffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.