Pet stories, let's start again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrek was having a hard time getting a picture of him...he's usually just a brown blur. He has been fun, but I have to worry about stepping on him and getting him to drink a bit of water is a pain in the rear.

That's about as cute as it gets! Animals sleep in the weirdest positions! Just like little children. :LOL:

Right now he is attempting to pull a throw off the back of the sofa that is 15 times heavier than him.

The only two cats he's been able to beat up this weekend.

Attachments

• patron 001.JPG
    patron 001.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 138
  • patron 002.JPG
    patron 002.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 129
PrincessFiona60 said:
Right now he is attempting to pull a throw off the back of the sofa that is 15 times heavier than him.

The only two cats he's been able to beat up this weekend.

I see a limitless supply of toys! Someone is indeed spoiled!

What a cutie!

I see a limitless supply of toys! Someone is indeed spoiled!

What a cutie!

He's been trying to get those cats all weekend, if he could actually tear them up I would put them away. He is very determined with chew bones. He fell asleep while I was posting the last pics:LOL:

While i ate a bit, watched a show...that little magpie has been "finding" all kinds of things and taking them to "his" blanket. A slipper, ping pong ball, plastic soda cap and a catalog he snaked out from under the coffee table. And he has both cats "treed."

Oh, dearie me, how adorable can you get. I personally like to have pets I can handle ... when all else fails, I can pick'em up and throw them out the door. (For example, when my two JR terriers would get into a food fight), so I love small dogs. Just makes life simpler if I'm alpha gal. My doggie is now a Heinz 57, but has topped out at 20 lbs. I can still pick her up and toss her out the door (you do know I mean that gently) when she misbehaves.

I've had my Cockatoo, Spike(avatar) for about 24 years. When we moved to Florida I bought a large potted Ficus tree and put it near the window for sun next to Spike's cage. For 3 plus years the bird ignored the tree. One day I was working in the back yard and came in to take a break. My over 6 foot tree was reduced to an 8" or so stub with Spike sitting on top. He seemed to think I should be pleased at his accomplishment!

He's going back to his Mommy today, Shrek says I can't ever take care of him again...because next time she's not getting him back. He is a handful, but Patron has been fun.

Oh no, PF! I'd be going through withdrawals.

What a beautiful bird, JG! And obviously quite accomplished.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Wild boy, finally conked out at work.

I'm with Shrek. (except for not taking Patron again). Keepsies. What an adorable and contented smile! :angel:

I've had my Cockatoo, Spike(avatar) for about 24 years. When we moved to Florida I bought a large potted Ficus tree and put it near the window for sun next to Spike's cage. For 3 plus years the bird ignored the tree. One day I was working in the back yard and came in to take a break. My over 6 foot tree was reduced to an 8" or so stub with Spike sitting on top. He seemed to think I should be pleased at his accomplishment!

One thing I learned working for a vet was that many people (to include myself before then) have no idea how long some birds live and how much companionship they need. People tend to think of them as more decorative than real personalities. I think the most I saw was when we stayed with friends for a few days. They had two parrots of some kind and a miniature schnauzer. The darned birds would feed the dog! When they got their bowl of fresh veggies and fruit, they'd toss him a bite now and then, and it wasn't an accident. They lived in a jungle-gym type arrangement during the day, but went into their cages upstairs at night. Now, I know I've been told that birds don't really talk, they just mimic. But one night we got tot talking and our hosts forgot to cover their cages. The birds yelled and called them by name to come up and cover their cages so they could sleep. We were vastly entertained by these two birds and the little dog.

Claire, that's awesome!

My niece's cockateil came by his name famously. I was there when she picked him up from the pet store (a gift from us when her beloved previous bird died) and I held it while she made some lunch. She made KD and was eating it right out of the pot! The bird took off from my hand and landed right in the middle of the pot (it wasn't hot at that point) and started eating. His name? Noodles of course! And to this day, if she makes any form of Mac and Cheese, she gives him a little.

Claire, that's awesome!

My niece's cockateil came by his name famously. I was there when she picked him up from the pet store (a gift from us when her beloved previous bird died) and I held it while she made some lunch. She made KD and was eating it right out of the pot! The bird took off from my hand and landed right in the middle of the pot (it wasn't hot at that point) and started eating. His name? Noodles of course! And to this day, if she makes any form of Mac and Cheese, she gives him a little.

Perfect! LOL!

Want Some?

Claire, that's awesome!

I've had several birds and all were crazy about mac and cheese. My African Gray would keep saying "Want some" over and over again until she got some. Afterward she would say "Is good!"
My cockatiel loved mashed potatoes and oatmeal. One time my Dad was visiting and I had fixed him some oats and she landed in his bowl and commenced eating. I had an awful time cleaning her up.
The African Gray also like to feed my sister's dogs but not in the way you would think. She would aim to poop on their heads. One or the other would clean it up. Yuck.

Do you think the rest of him will catch up to the size of his ears?

I almost hope not, his ears are just so cute.

We wore him out yesterday, he ended up following his mother and me whenever we left the office. He did a lot of running and he was happy as a clam!

Last edited:
These stories have me in stitches!!! Birds aiming their poop.. priceless!!!

I have a couple of stories... I have two cats, brothers, orange tabbies. One of them, Kass, has a "pooch" belly, otherwise he's healthy. I think it came from gorging when he was a baby, from being sick and being the runt. His belly would expand as he ate, and his legs would slowly drift apart LOL!

Kass one day was after something, I still have no idea what. There was a shredder, a couch, and a bookcase. In the middle of the three, there was a little space, and Kass was seriously interested in it. He got in there alright, but I looked around after hearing him meow, and all I saw was his bum, completely flat up in the air with his legs sticking out - he was really stuck !! LOL ! I had to go pull him out...

Another time, Kass was in trouble, and DH was looking for him. There wasn't enough room to go behind the couch, and he was cornered - he panicked, and literally dove and slid under the couch, but he's chubby, so he got stuck halfway through with all four legs spread out flat! Here was this chubby orange tabby, halfway under the couch with his legs out.

Last edited:
These stories have me in stitches!!! Birds aiming their poop.. priceless!!!

I have a couple of stories... I have two cats, brothers, orange tabbies. One of them, Kass, has a "pooch" belly, otherwise he's healthy. I think it came from gorging when he was a baby, from being sick and being the runt. His belly would expand as he ate, and his legs would slowly drift apart LOL!

Kass one day was after something, I still have no idea what. There was a shredder, a couch, and a bookcase. In the middle of the three, there was a little space, and Kass was seriously interested in it. He got in there alright, but I looked around after hearing him meow, and all I saw was his bum, completely flat up in the air with his legs sticking out - he was really stuck !! LOL ! I had to go pull him out...

Another time, Kass was in trouble, and DH was looking for him. There wasn't enough room to go behind the couch, and he was cornered - he panicked, and literally dove and slid under the couch, but he's chubby, so he got stuck halfway through with all four legs spread out flat! Here was this chubby orange tabby, halfway under the couch with his legs out.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom