Pet stories, let's start again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
Do you know how far I can launch a cat, that's at the end of the bed, about to spew on my bedspread? From a sound sleep?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOL! The hubby and I have done the same. It's a good thing they're tough little buggers. With all the times he's been tossed, all the times he's fallen or missed a jump or slid into a wall while running, all the times he's pounced and run head first into something or pulled stuff down on top of himself, it's a wonder he's survived the past seven or eight years since he was born.

I still remember coming home from work and finding the hubby standing in the living room with the land lord who was holding a little grey fluff ball. "Hey twirp, you want him?" Uh, duh, yeah! He was little and fluffy and cute, of course I wanted him. So much I was even able to forgive the hubby for calling me twirp.

Oh yeah, Latté was supposed to be a little boy, Himalayan...I wasn't crazy about her...then she turned out to be a Siamese little girl...so darn cute!

I'll be puppy sitting next weekend again...

PrincessFiona60 said:
Oh yeah, Latté was supposed to be a little boy, Himalayan...I wasn't crazy about her...then she turned out to be a Siamese little girl...so darn cute!

I'll be puppy sitting next weekend again...

All right! Can't wait to see Patron modeling his new wardrobe!

All right! Can't wait to see Patron modeling his new wardrobe!

He keeps walking out of his clothes, they are XS and still too big...we did get the hoodie to stay on for a couple of minutes.

Attachments

• hoodie.jpg
    hoodie.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 160
PrincessFiona60 said:
He keeps walking out of his clothes, they are XS and still too big...we did get the hoodie to stay on for a couple of minutes.

I see that. Send them to Babe for alterations? Barbie Doll clothes?

Last edited:
The latest is that a group of us who get together on Friday nights were out and my friend missed a step and fell, twisting, maybe spraining, her ankle. My husband took her car home while another friend and I got her home and we all settled her on her couch. HOWEVER, when I unlocked her door, her eldest cat dodged between my legs and out. I managed to get the door closed before her two new kittens got out. We got her settled in for the night. But couldn't find her cat to get him in for the night. I emailed her neighbors to be on the lookout. I doubt he'd go too far, and he's not a human-friendly cat. I'm pissed that I wasn't better prepared when I opened her door, but was more concerned to get her into the house and safe. Ouch. I just emailed everyone who lives near her and told them to keep a lookout.

Have you animal-friendly folk ever seen a Double-Nosed Andean Tiger Hound? Try Googling that for photos. They're cool.

One of the best things about coming home was finding out a local puppymill many of us had been trying to get shut down since 1999 was raided by HSI Canada! Yippee!! Happy dance! 500 dogs seized. These dogs are in better conditions now, getting walked, and petted, and vet care. There will be a long court battle because these dogs were the "owners' livelihood." But at least the dogs are in a clean environment, breathing clean air, learning to walk on solid ground, getting groomed, and petted, and cuddled, and being cared for by the caring volunteers and veterinarians.

CWS4322 said:
One of the best things about coming home was finding out a local puppymill many of us had been trying to get shut down since 1999 was raided by HSI Canada! Yippee!! Happy dance! 500 dogs seized. These dogs are in better conditions now, getting walked, and petted, and vet care. There will be a long court battle because these dogs were the "owners' livelihood." But at least the dogs are in a clean environment, breathing clean air, learning to walk on solid ground, getting groomed, and petted, and cuddled, and being cared for by the caring volunteers and veterinarians.

Great news!

Great CWS!

There are two new 5 week old puppies at work in Medical Records...I spent 20 minutes of puppytime this morning.

Patron will be at work tomorrow, he has a command performance from a patient who is going home. He is spending longer spans of time at home alone with his sister dog, Iris. So I am not seeing him as much as I used to.

Here's a link to one of the many reports on this seizure:

Quebec kennel seizure could be largest in Canada

These people were unemployed, had a "breeding pair" of Saint Bernards, and discovered that selling puppies was profitable.Originally in Ontario, they packed up and moved across the border the night before they were supposed to be raided way back when. It has been an uphill battle for 15/16 years to get this place raided. Over the years, they've had 80 different breeds (I've kept track of their advertisements). Since the raid, 90 puppies have been born, and more are on their way. Poor thing, now she just has her old age pension...and legal bills. Don't you just feel sorry for her...

Last edited:
did you try baby socks or baby booties?

Yes, the tiniest I could find, everything flops off, his paws are just a bit bigger around than a pencil...someone told me to use rubber bands...I don't really want to cut off circulation. I was thinking about athletic wrap to shape some boots for him.

Back
Top Bottom