Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay...I had a slice of pizza on a plate, set it on the arm of the couch and I'll be darned if Latté didn't jump up there and was licking it. Silly cat was licking the pepperoni!

Patron! :glare: Do not scare Auntie Fi!

Hope you're feeling better, little guy!

His Mom paid for a bronchoscopy...he had a chunk of a treat she had given him a week ago in his lung. He had choked on the piece and she tried to get it, but she ended up pushing it down. She didn't realize it went into his lung.

Yesterday when he was wheezing it had moved and was blocking his breathing. He's doing good and is getting antibiotic. I'll see him next week.

His Mom paid for a bronchoscopy...he had a chunk of a treat she had given him a week ago in his lung. He had choked on the piece and she tried to get it, but she ended up pushing it down. She didn't realize it went into his lung.

Yesterday when he was wheezing it had moved and was blocking his breathing. He's doing good and is getting antibiotic. I'll see him next week.

Oh, thank goodness! Glad you found it, PF!

Get well soon, Patron!

Last edited:
Oh, thank goodness! Glad you found it, PF!

Get well soon, Patron!

Yeah, he could have gone septic with pneumonia, wouldn't take much to take him down. I'm glad I insisted Michelle take him in to the vet. You'd think I liked dogs or something...

Outside! :ohmy: That's a scary place!

Darn right it is! And our little Bella will the the first one to agree with you. Even though she is a, mostly, outside kitty who "adopted" us last October when she showed up on our front porch, she clearly does not like anything remotely resembling a vehicle. Not sure where that came from but, perhaps, she was "dropped" near our house and cars and such are not viewed as friendlies.

In any case, as soon as Glenn or I start the car or truck up she scampers onto a safe place on the porch as far away from the vehicle as possible. She also won't venture very far down the driveway, even when she's "helping" us collect the mail from the mailbox.

Today Glenn decided to mow the yard...with the tractor as he always does (not a riding mower, an honest to goodness full-sized tractor). Bella almost knocked me over asking me to let her into my studio to play with the indoor kitties, Sally and Tumble. I gladly complied and that's where she still is.

She's a doll and I'm happy she stays far afield of the road and vehicle.

I had Latté on a leash outside when a car went by about 4 feet away...I was quickly wearing a clawed hat that climbed all the way up me to the top of my head.:wacko:

Okay...I had a slice of pizza on a plate, set it on the arm of the couch and I'll be darned if Latté didn't jump up there and was licking it. Silly cat was licking the pepperoni!

Sometimes in the evening my Dad would get a little hungry. Mom would make a sandwich for him. He was always so tired that he would fall asleep with the sandwich clutched in his hand, dangling a bit over the arm of his recliner. More than once our dog Buttons would take a lick or bite from the sandwich! :LOL: Dad didn't care, he'd finish it anyway!

She glared at me when I told her it was not kitty food...Had to mollify her with some butter.

Is there anything more terrifying that the screech a stepped on cat can make? Keeps your heart going. And that screech can make you feel so guilty. :angel:

I grew up in a rocking chair household, and I know that sound well. Somehow their tails always round up under a rocker. Screech! (And yes, we often had cats with slightly bent tails!).

I have hesitated about telling this. It is funny and gruesome at the same time.

One of my tenants in Tacoma had a cat. One day when it was outside, its tail got run over by a car. The cat ran off nursing its wound. The next day it was in the house and she stepped on the tail again. The cat never made a sound. It just got up and walked away leavng the skin behind under her foot. She looked down and the cat was waving just the skeleton of the tail. We couldn't stop laughing. Something out of Halloween. Finally after a couple of days her husband couldn't stand it anymore. He got the cleaver and just chopped the bone off. The cat never made a sound and went merrily on it way. Evidently when the car ran over the tail, it killed all the nerves and tissues in the tail. :angel:

Oh Addie! I agree both humorous and gruesome! The other night I had a biscuit with honey for a quick snack (didn't eat lunch and supper too soon for a meal). Salem usually ignores our food but she came up, sat on my chest and wanted my biscuit. I tore little bits off for her and she gobbled them right up. Normally she turns her nose up to people food.

Oh Addie! I agree both humorous and gruesome! The other night I had a biscuit with honey for a quick snack (didn't eat lunch and supper too soon for a meal). Salem usually ignores our food but she came up, sat on my chest and wanted my biscuit. I tore little bits off for her and she gobbled them right up. Normally she turns her nose up to people food.

Must be the weather, Smudge was begging for and ate cheese, she usually ignores it. She ignores most people food. Latté is my gourmet kitty.

I grew up in a rocking chair household, and I know that sound well. Somehow their tails always round up under a rocker. Screech! (And yes, we often had cats with slightly bent tails!).

Ernie Ford used to have a saying about that.

"Nervous as a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs." :angel:

I was outside, battling gnats and pulling stuff out of the gardens that shouldn't be there, and the sweetest young dog came to visit. Around 40 pounds, black and tan. He knows basic commands and is very friendly. He had a collar but no tags. Of course, Beagle went nuts watching from inside the house. I've seen this sweet boy before. A neighbor came by, walking her beagle, and said she knew the dog, he is a frequent visitor at her house. She has the owner on speed dial, as the dog gets out often, and we all live around a busy highway. I had her send me the owner's number, this dog should not be running, and there is no excuse for him getting loose so much, especially without tags. :glare:

Rosebud has seemed bored lately. I think it's the phenobarbital. But she still takes off like crazy when she wants to chase a bird or squirrel. She doesn't look (to me) like she's gained any weight, but I might take her in for a weigh-in. Bit at least I'm not dealing with epileptic seizures any more/

Rosebud has seemed bored lately. I think it's the phenobarbital. But she still takes off like crazy when she wants to chase a bird or squirrel. She doesn't look (to me) like she's gained any weight, but I might take her in for a weigh-in. Bit at least I'm not dealing with epileptic seizures any more/

Lethargy is normal with phenobarbital...as long as she can shake it off and get in some exercise. The vet may also lower the dose to what is still effective, but could perk her up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom