"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #161
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
It is saddening to read both CWS and Laurie and your doggies are having sad times. This is so hard for you all. I don't look to these days when a new family member arrives. I look to this day and this day and all the days we have together are good and important days. I don't know why, since I never met either of you, I am shaking and have foggy eyes to type this and a lump in my throat too. I guess, Just {{hugs}} is all I can offer too. Fred
Thanks. Za-Za is not leaving today, soon, but not today. She's had two good days and she's not in pain (and I'm not ready).

Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #162
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ohhhh, LP. {{{{{{{hugs LP, Joie, Violet and TB}}}}}}. This makes me cry. So sorry, I know how much you love your furbabies.
+1

Thinking of you Laurie xxx

Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #163
Chef Extraordinaire

It's time. Za-Za and I are spending the next few days cuddling. She's getting lots of good treats. Dr. J. will be coming on either Thursday or Friday. After a glass of wine, I was able to write the email asking when she was available this week. Fortunately, Za-Za is not in pain and is still eating, peeing, pooping, interested in life, barking at me to help her get up. But, when you have a 125 lb Saint Bernard who can no longer walk (it is a degenerative problem) and you are on a limited budget and know you have to go out of town at the end of April, well, choices are limited. And, when it is a degenerative disease for which there are no drugs that really help improve things, you have to say good bye. I have never been one to make the knee-jerk decision to say good bye if the dog was not in pain. She's not in pain. I am in pain, but she is not. LP--hugs to you. I know how hard it has been and how hard it is to come home and put things away. To think 24 hours ago...a week ago...I've walked this path many times, but this is the first time the dog has had a degenerative disease. The other times the reasons were cut and dry. This time, it is really hard. She is also the last one of the pack...I'll miss her so.

We always wish we had had "one more day." I'm taking those days and holding the memories in my heart.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #164
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
It's time. Za-Za and I are spending the next few days cuddling. She's getting lots of good treats. Dr. J. will be coming on either Thursday or Friday. After a glass of wine, I was able to write the email asking when she was available this week. Fortunately, Za-Za is not in pain and is still eating, peeing, pooping, interested in life, barking at me to help her get up. But, when you have a 125 lb Saint Bernard who can no longer walk (it is a degenerative problem) and you are on a limited budget and know you have to go out of town at the end of April, well, choices are limited. And, when it is a degenerative disease for which there are no drugs that really help improve things, you have to say good bye. I have never been one to make the knee-jerk decision to say good bye if the dog was not in pain. She's not in pain. I am in pain, but she is not. LP--hugs to you. I know how hard it has been and how hard it is to come home and put things away. To think 24 hours ago...a week ago...I've walked this path many times, but this is the first time the dog has had a degenerative disease. The other times the reasons were cut and dry. This time, it is really hard. She is also the last one of the pack...I'll miss her so.

We always wish we had had "one more day." I'm taking those days and holding the memories in my heart.
Having had to scoop up and hold two cockers and a dalmation in order to potty them when their back legs didn't work anymore, I totally understand, CWS. Bless you and Za-Za.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #165
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Love and hugs to you and Za-Za.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #166
Chef Extraordinaire

CWS sometimes it is very difficult to make and carry out the right decision. Give AZ Az a hug from me.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #167
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs CWS and Za-Za)))

That must be really hard. You are in our thoughts.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #168
Certified Cake Maniac

{{{{{{{{{{{{{CWS & Za-Za}}}}}}}}}}}}}

You are both in my heart, thoughts and prayers. I am so thankful that the decision of putting Joie down was taken out of my hands. I know how hard it has been for you. We decided last Friday night (Feb 22) that we would have to take him in the morning and the decision was taken out of our hands at 2:15 am when he slipped away peacefully in his sleep. Violet found him and woke TB.

I want you to know I am here for you. I know you are taking time away but if you see this, please feel free to PM or email me at any time.

Enjoy your time with her the best that you can. I know that won't be easy but she will be happy just to have you there.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #169
Executive Chef

Hooty..Click image for larger version

Name:	10635_275095035626_667853_n.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	17324

Click image for larger version

Name:	4592_99766437400_4200626_n.jpg
Views:	96