Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's hungry! She's even eating a little bit of her dried food from the vet (to prevent more UTI) and it's staying down. :w00t2: Baby steps though - when she eats and asks for more I'm telling her she has to "starve" because she doesn't get more until a bit later. She's being good so far. Hasn't tried to gnaw my ankle.

PF, Smudge looks like she does have a "smudge" on her nose. ;) You have two cute kitties.

taxy, so glad you and Shreddy can get back to cuddle time. There is something so relaxing when you have a kitty purring on your lap. Or chest. Or neck. Relaxing until they start to lick with their tongues. What are those things, razor blades? :ermm:

Smudge is such a...well it rhymes with itch. Very anti-social and has never really taken to me, she belongs the Shrek. But she is a pretty Kitty.

So glad LittleBit is doing better.

Shreddy seems to be doing well. He is more alert and eating less. I've really enjoyed sleeping with him again.

CG, how is your kitty doing? Still eating well and keeping it down?

One of my friends posted this on FaceBook and I shared it. I thought I should share it here too.

1385929_603716446336578_1441684640_n.jpg

Shreddy seems to be doing well. He is more alert and eating less. I've really enjoyed sleeping with him again.

CG, how is your kitty doing? Still eating well and keeping it down?
Glad to hear your good update on Shreddy! Like you, all is good on our homefront. LittleBit is back to normal...at BOTH ends of the digestive track. :ROFLMAO: From the looks of it, maybe her treats should have been Ex-Lax tablets! :ohmy: :LOL:

One of my friends posted this on FaceBook and I shared it. I thought I should share it here too.

1385929_603716446336578_1441684640_n.jpg

This is actually VERY good advice - and especially with the colder weather coming on.

I had a neighbor many years ago who lost their cat that way.

It doesn't take any extra time, just bang on it as you are walking by.

Fantastic news Taxy. I know how much you were worried. At least Christmas will be a little more relaxed for you. :)
Definitely more relaxed. At close to $1,600 for the I-131 treatment, I really wanted it to work. I'm relieved that I won't have to consider paying for a second treatment.

Shreddy and I also hated the prescription cat food, which was another way to treat hyperthyroidism in cats. Poor boy wouldn't have been allowed to eat anything else. :(

15 years ago...my best friend Brett lived next to a drug dealer. In the drug dealer's backyard were two young kittens that were being neglected. This bugged my friend so much, that one day he decided to jump the fence and rescue them...even though he knew drug dealers own guns...and aren't afraid to use them.

While he was trying to round them up, the drug dealer came out and asked what he was doing....and my friend ...with ultimate confidence said "I'm taking your cats"...the drug dealer shrugged and went back inside. and so Anabel and Penelope became a part of my friends family.

Penelope...the laziest cat ever... who sleeps 22 of 24 hours...recently knew the end was near. She climbed over an 8 foot tall privacy fence...and hasn't been seen since.

Rest in peace Penelope...my good and faithful friend. I will miss you sleeping on my legs when I pass out at Brett's house.

Good kitty....very good kitty.

Last edited:
For some dumb reason, my 13 year old Maltese has decided to dump the bathroom waste basket and rummage through it during the night. Three times this week I had to clean up the mess in the morning. Yesterday, we heard him doing it in the middle of the day and went in and stopped him. I am mostly concerned about Q-tips that are in there. So now I have started to empty that wastebasket every night before I go to bed. Maybe if he never finds anything in there he will get out of the habit. I just hope he doesn't start with the kitchen wastebasket!

What a PITA CarolPa. Are you concerned about him eating cotton swabs?

Shreddy tips over the kitchen garbage once in a blue moon. Sometimes he has a look to see if there is something interesting as he walks by it. :wacko:

I'm concerned about him trying to eat anything he finds in there, but especially trying to eat a Q-tip that would get caught in his throat. Years back we had a Peekapoo who use to pull over the kitchen wastebasket and rummage through it. One time, after I changed the liner, I put her in it. That waste basket was shaking and rattling with her trying to get out. I only left her in it for a few seconds, but she never touched it again.

A friend had a little Yorkie who got into the kitchen garbage and died from what she ingested.

I had read somewhere that sprinkling hot sauce would keep a dog from snacking out of the garbage. It didn't work for my black cocker, I soon found out that she LOVED hot sauce!

Quote about animals

Here is one of my favorite quotes about animals:

“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion.

We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate for having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein do we err. For the animal shall not be measured by man.

In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with the extension of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.

They are not brethren, they are not underlings: they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”

― Henry Beston, The Outermost House: A Year of Life On The Great Beach of Cape Cod

(Sorry to get all soppy. Maybe it's the Christmas season.:mellow:)

Last edited:
I don't know...I consider the cats as higher beings and we are THEIR slaves and they allow us into their lives.

I don't know...I consider the cats as higher beings and we are THEIR slaves and they allow us into their lives.

I think that is true about any pet we have. Last night someone was at my door. Teddy at the moment chose for me to play with him. Teddy won. Spike went to the door. I can never say no to him. I am his slave! :angel:

I had read somewhere that sprinkling hot sauce would keep a dog from snacking out of the garbage. It didn't work for my black cocker, I soon found out that she LOVED hot sauce!

Hmm, I would have to buy some hot sauce, because we don't even like it!! We were gone for 8 hours yesterday and he never touched the waste basket the whole time. I am still emptying it at bedtime. Another thing I could do is set it up on the toilet seat overnight so he couldn't reach it. I really don't know what the attraction is. If there was food in there I could understand. It might be that my scent in on those Kleenex that are in there because he also likes to lick the inside of my shoes when I first take them off. He is a weird dog! LOL

Hmm, I would have to buy some hot sauce, because we don't even like it!! We were gone for 8 hours yesterday and he never touched the waste basket the whole time. I am still emptying it at bedtime. Another thing I could do is set it up on the toilet seat overnight so he couldn't reach it. I really don't know what the attraction is. If there was food in there I could understand. It might be that my scent in on those Kleenex that are in there because he also likes to lick the inside of my shoes when I first take them off. He is a weird dog! LOL

There is no explaining some of the things our pets like to do. Like why do small dogs like to walk on their front legs when peeing? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom